Breaking News: Iverson demands trade out of Philly!!

Not sure. My gut tells me that Billy King and Ed Snider desperately want to send AI to the Western Conference, but they have played this so poorly they are left with very little leverage. I do respect the fact that, within reason, they are trying to honor Allen's request to go to a contender. That really precludes the Kings and the Warriors. I still think the Wolves deal isn't done, but that could be wishful thinking on my part.

I may end up dead wrong, but I just can't believe for a minute they'll ship him to Boston.

I don't understand why he demands the trade and they are trying to find the right spot for him. They should do what they need to do as an organazation.

Here's my take on the Celtics thing. If they have the right young pieces and a first round pick for next year why would they not do it? If you believe they could get what Simmons says they could ie..Telfair, Green, Ratliff, and a 1st rounder it would only help the Celtics this year and possibly the next two but then their future is over. Plus IMO there is no way the Celtics win the world title in the next two years w/ Iverson. So you boost the Celtics record for two years and they might even play in the Eastern Conference finals, but then what? I would do it in a heart beat and try to compete for the East in three years. Or am I totally not understanding the rivalry?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Report in the Enquirer had Pat Riley comparing obtaining AI to obtaining Shaq. He was "frothing at the mouth" about Shaq and feels the same way about AI. Heat is interested.

They'd have to play with 2 or 3 basketballs down in the MIA-O if that happened.

I would say that some combination of Williams, Walker, Posey, maybe even Shaq??, would be included in the trade. Also, to have a chance at a title, would AI take a secondary role?

Why would he have to? Wade would play the point and AI would play the 2. If they included Shaq they'd have a HUGE hole to fill in the middle. Mourning can only play so many minutes a game/year/series.

Why would he have to? Wade would play the point and AI would play the 2. If they included Shaq they'd have a HUGE hole to fill in the middle. Mourning can only play so many minutes a game/year/series.

Space wise yes. But production wise no. lets face it hes old and fat now and I'm sure he will come back from this injury out of shape. Every ripped the Lakers for getting rid of him when in reality they did the smart thing and got rid of him at the right time. If Mia can send him to Philly I think they should do it.

I would choose Wade to be my main guy and AI to be the 2nd option in the offense. The offense may not run through AI each time down the court.

I would choose Wade to be my main guy and AI to be the 2nd option in the offense. The offense may not run through AI each time down the court.

Why would you do that? Wade is very good at getting other involved. Why not let AI shoot a TON and let Wade do what Wade does? Bringing AI to Miami and him being the second scorer on the team would be a bad bad bad move.

Space wise yes. But production wise no. lets face it hes old and fat now and I'm sure he will come back from this injury out of shape. Every ripped the Lakers for getting rid of him when in reality they did the smart thing and got rid of him at the right time. If Mia can send him to Philly I think they should do it.

Defensively do you expect Haslem to guard centers when Mourning isn't in?

Why would you do that? Wade is very good at getting other involved. Why not let AI shoot a TON and let Wade do what Wade does? Bringing AI to Miami and him being the second scorer on the team would be a bad bad bad move.

Let AI shot a ton at about 42% or D-Wade at about 46-47%.

Why not let AI eat crap and choke on it. That would be one less example of a horrible attitude that I would have to combat that young athletes model themselves off of every day. ATTITUDE PROBLEM to say the least. I simply hate that his athletic ability has made him wealthy. He has done little if anything to earn his sucess.

Why not let AI eat crap and choke on it. That would be one less example of a horrible attitude that I would have to combat that young athletes model themselves off of every day. ATTITUDE PROBLEM to say the least. I simply hate that his athletic ability has made him wealthy. He has done little if anything to earn his sucess.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel.:lol: