Breaking News: Iverson demands trade out of Philly!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a league source, Golden State is the front-runner for Allen Iverson's services, offering a package that would include guard Baron Davis and a couple of young players. According to another league source, the Celtics remain on the list of teams in contention for Iverson, along with Minnesota, Indiana, Chicago, Denver, Charlotte, Sacramento, Dallas, and the Clippers.

-- Boston Globe

There is speculation of Allen Iverson trade discussions with the Clippers that could net some combination of Corey Maggette, Sam Cassell, Zeljko Rebraca and a first-round draft choice, and whispers of talks with the Nuggets surrounding something that could include J.R. Smith, Eduardo Najera and Nene.

-- Philadelphia Daily News

Indiana & Denver are at the top of the list.

As usual, awesome article by Simmons and of course, spot on. As I said last year on this site when Isaiah Thomas was ketting killed on here, Billy King is actually worse. As much as I hate to see AI leave the team I've followed religiously for 23 years, I'm thrilled for him to get a shot to win a ring.

Please, just don't send him to anyone in the Atlantic.

As usual, awesome article by Simmons and of course, spot on. As I said last year on this site when Isaiah Thomas was ketting killed on here, Billy King is actually worse. As much as I hate to see AI leave the team I've followed religiously for 23 years, I'm thrilled for him to get a shot to win a ring.

Please, just don't send him to anyone in the Atlantic.

Just out of curiosity where do you see him going and who do they get in return?

Just out of curiosity where do you see him going and who do they get in return?

Not sure. My gut tells me that Billy King and Ed Snider desperately want to send AI to the Western Conference, but they have played this so poorly they are left with very little leverage. I do respect the fact that, within reason, they are trying to honor Allen's request to go to a contender. That really precludes the Kings and the Warriors. I still think the Wolves deal isn't done, but that could be wishful thinking on my part.

I may end up dead wrong, but I just can't believe for a minute they'll ship him to Boston.