Breaking News: Iverson demands trade out of Philly!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this on a blog...

A.I. wants to be a Sixer for life

A lot of talk has been made about Philly Sixers guard Allen Iverson making a move this off-season. Iverson was quoted yesterday as saying that he doesn't want to leave Philly. That in fact he would be happy staying a Sixer for the rest of his career. The ball is ultimately in the Sixers court on whether they will trade Iverson for younger players to rebuild with. I for one think the Sixers would be stupid to even think about trading Iverson, but then again, this is the same Philly team that paid a large sum of cash to Chris Webber.

I don't have a problem with this. He's only played for one team in his entire career. The team is not good. They're not getting any better. While I believe part of the issue is players not necessarily wanting to be one of the "other 4," I'm cool with him wanting to try something else especially if his desire is to get to a contender.

First of all, I'd love to hear how Iverson "demanded a trade." I mean, was it a "I want out because I only have a few years left and we're not going anywhere" or was it "Listen Billy, if it'll help the club, trade me for some young guys." Iverson has always said he wanted to retire a Sixer, and he'd never demand a trade, and while I'm sure he's frustrated with the losing, I'd love to hear more of the story than just anonymous 3rd person accounts.

That being said, if the Sixers can get a good deal for AI, as much as I'd HATE to see him in a different uniform, make the deal. It'll probably help the future of the Sixers, and hopefully it'd give Iverson a chance to get the ring he so covets. As an individual, he's accomplished far more than most could ever dream of -- if he wants a shot at a ring, and it helps the Sixers, so be it.

Like I said, anonymous 3rd party...

According to two agents whose clients play for the 76ers, Iverson went to team president Billy King this past Tuesday and demanded to be traded, something he professed repeatedly over the years he'd never do.

I'm willing to say there's a 70% chance this or some iteration of this is true.

I'm willing to say there's a 70% chance this or some iteration of this is true.

I'm 100% sure some iteration of this is true, that isn't my issue. If you read my original post, I'd like to know how it was done and how AI went about it. Not, again, some anonymous 3rd person's account of what happened.

I'm 100% sure some iteration of this is true, that isn't my issue. If you read my original post, I'd like to know how it was done and how AI went about it. Not, again, some anonymous 3rd person's account of what happened.

I doubt it was presented as "I want to help the Sixers out so get what you can get for me." I also doubt he stormed into Billy King's apparently-not-much-occuring-in office either. I have no doubt the trade request, if true, is out of anger/frustration and its not being done in a benevolent or sacrificial way.