Breaking News: Iverson demands trade out of Philly!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insider lists the Celtics, Hawks, Nuggets, Pacers, Warriors, Clippers, and Twolves as possible suitors from yesterday. Although today mentions that they have fielded calls from about "half the league" about him up to this point.

The possible Minnesota package is Foye and Mike James.

George Karl says AI would likely not be in Denver, so they can be scratched off. He also thinks it will be a deal with a Minnesotay for AI.

Paul Pierce would be happy to get him.

Twolves owner says it doesnt work out money wise for them to get AI.

Woodson of the Hawks says its a no go for them.

Walsh of the Pacers says no contact has been made.

Magic, Lakers, and Clips have all said it wont work for them.

I think its all a bunch of bull, but we'll see how it works out.

One team I have not heard mentioned and our actually seriously contenders in the A.I. chase (I know it may sound far fetched) are the Bobcats. They have the most cap room in the league, a little over ten million, and could send some young talent along with some picks and expiring contracts to the Sixers. Not too mention part owner Sir M.J. has stated his obvious desire to bring Iverson in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2693389

ESPN.com - NBA - Source: Iverson could be traded as early as Monday

-The source indicated the Minnesota Timberwolves were not seriously in the running, and the attention being paid to Denver and Boston was being overblown.

-Allen Iverson's steep contract is one reason why a trade for him is not for everyone. But the Celtics, Mavs and Knicks may have the assets to get a deal done.

-Amid speculation that Davis, or Mike James, and rookie Randy Foye might be the centerpieces of a deal that would send Iverson to Minnesota, Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor on Friday night told the St. Paul Pioneer-Press: "There's no trade. It isn't that I don't like him, just money-wise it wouldn't work out."

-Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he wouldn't rule out a trade that would send Iverson to Los Angeles and pair him with Kobe Bryant.

"I think he has trade value. Certain teams know what he could do for them," Jackson said Sunday before the Lakers-Spurs game in Los Angeles. "Other teams would say no thank you at this time.

"I wouldn't say outright we have no interest."

WOW! Can you imagine! You can say they won't exist well with each other but I would LOVE to see it. Celtics, Bobcats, Grizzlies, Mavs, Knicks or Lakers. It will probably end up being a different team than either one of those 6 but we'll see.