Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the greatest Kentucky high school football coach of all time?

Featured Replies

  • Author

Selected State Championship Records

 

Coach Appearances Wins

Mike Yeagle 10 8

Jack Morris 9 4

Sam Harp 10 7

Mike Glaser 9 6

Ed Miracle 8 4

Dale Mueller 7 5

Chuck Smith 6 5

Bob Beatty 6 5

Dennis Lampley 5 5

Tom Duffy 4 4

Billy Hermann 3 3

Charlie Kuhn 3 3

Dave Moore 3 3

Mike Holcomb 3 3

  • Replies 107
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but consider the talent level that he has to work with at Trinity. No school in KY has anywhere near the pickings Trinity does in terms of great athletes wanting to play football.

I believe that it is two D-1A scholarships in Beatty's tenure.....:scared:

Archie Powers and Cotton Adams both of Corbin. Coach Powers won 2 State Titles and 1 Runner up, Cotton won 1 state title and 1 runner-up

I believe if you look at available talent and school size, Jack Hall of Elkorn City, Betsy Lane, and Fleming-Neon did a great job of consistently winning without the "pick" of the litter.

  • Author
I believe that it is two D-1A scholarships in Beatty's tenure.....:scared:

 

Talent can be measured by first team All-Staters. During his tenure Beatty' has had thirteen 1st team All-Staters. His major competitors in 4A, X and Male, have had eight each. Coach Beatty is a good coach, but let us not delude ourselves. You don't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. BTW, the same could be said of Coach Glaser at X and Coach Redmon at Male. You do not make 1st team All-State without being a superlative athlete.

Talent can be measured by first team All-Staters. During his tenure Beatty' has had thirteen 1st team All-Staters. His major competitors in 4A, X and Male, have had eight each. Coach Beatty is a good coach, but let us not delude ourselves. You don't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. BTW, the same could be said of Coach Glaser at X and Coach Redmon at Male. You do not make 1st team All-State without being a superlative athlete.

 

I'd say that having good coaching would increase the chances of a good athlete turning into a "superlative athlete". I'd be willing to bet that not many around Jefferson County saw Nick Petrino as an All-State two time MVP of the state final. Bob Beatty saw it, and made it happen. Ask yourself, would Nick have ever taken a snap had he enrolled at X? I don't think so, what say you?

  • Author
I'd say that having good coaching would increase the chances of a good athlete turning into a "superlative athlete". I'd be willing to bet that not many around Jefferson County saw Nick Petrino as an All-State two time MVP of the state final. Bob Beatty saw it, and made it happen. Ask yourself, would Nick have ever taken a snap had he enrolled at X? I don't think so, what say you?

No, but he would have made a fine DB!:D As to your first sentence, we agree 100%.

MERRY CHRISTMAS (Or should I say MERRY CHRISTMAS)?:D

No, but he would have made a fine DB!:D As to your first sentence, we agree 100%.

MERRY CHRISTMAS (Or should I say MERRY CHRISTMAS)?:D

I have often responded to X fans when they have commented that they would have liked to have had Brian Brohm as a Tiger... yeah, he would have been a heck of a linebacker for X.:D

From what I understand, we may soon see a Brohm at X...:sssh:

  • Author
I have often responded to X fans when they have commented that they would have liked to have had Brian Brohm as a Tiger... yeah, he would have been a heck of a linebacker for X.:D

 

Great minds...I have stated before that had he played at X he would have made a heck of a linebacker!

From what I understand, we may soon see a Brohm at X...:sssh:

DeSales.

Dudley Hilton

That's a great pick out of Harlan. Did you have any help out of #26 on that one?

 

I''ll go with Miracle, but pay my respects to Big Man Davis. Coached my Dad and Uncle. Maybe someone heard of GI James (Benham class of 57) out there.

 

Sorry BGP I know that is off topic. I stand reprimanded.

Not being a Kentuckian (I guess thats a word...lol), I was very impressed with the research and info on this topic. One of the reasons I pay for BGP is posts like this! Great job!

^ That's awesome to see...:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.