BGP QOTD: At your house, are/were Santa's presents wrapped?

CincySportsFan

Are presents from Santa wrapped?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are presents from Santa wrapped?

• Yes, they are wrapped just like other gifts
    • No, they are not wrapped

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number of presents brought by Santa is inversely proportional to the age of the child.

To an extent. Santa was always very diligent to make sure each of my three children all received the same amount of gifts, and roughly the same value. So, yes the kids get more presents the younger they are, but the youngest never received more than the older kids.

Hmm, interesting, I've never met another gentile (making an assumption) with that back-story....not a single one.

For my family (and it may be cultural), Christmas had more of a focus on the religious aspects.

We always did our giving of gifts on Christmas Eve. It was still very special to me, because I think that the lighted trees are so much more beautiful at night. Also, somehow, it still felt more like a celebration of Christ's birth than an inundation of gifts.

For my family (and it may be cultural), Christmas had more of a focus on the religious aspects.

We always did our giving of gifts on Christmas Eve. It was still very special to me, because I think that the lighted trees are so much more beautiful at night. Also, somehow, it still felt more like a celebration of Christ's birth than an inundation of gifts.

My little man (he will be 1 new years day) is getting ready to celebrate his first Christmas. My wife and I are both fairly religious (daily prayer, weekly mass, involved at church), and I had never considered NOT telling him about Santa. Your post has me honestly considering if my wife and I need to have a talk about how we are going to celebrate Christmas. Thanks.

When I was a child, Santa's presents were not wrapped. We did not wrap our children's Santa presents either. Some of my fondest memories are of my older sister waking me up to go to the living room to see what Santa brought and then staying up Christmas Eve putting things together to be under the tree for our children on Christmas morning.

Of course the true meaning of Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ, but I honestly don't remember looking forward to, or a memorable Christmas celebration at church. I am glad some of you weren't my parents. Although....Santa hasn't left me a present in a long time, so I've mostly likely been bad.

I never did understand the unwrapped gifts and having them put together. That Christmas morning moment would be over in a matter of 10 seconds, which would be all it would take to scan what was laid out. The excitement of the morning includes the unknown, the reactions to opening those unkown items, and then the time spent together putting together the items.

Growing up, ours were always wrapped, and I never did pay attention to the wrapping paper. However, with my kids, we have specific wrapping paper for presents from Santa, and that wrapping paper is hidden just like the presents every year.

I never did understand the unwrapped gifts and having them put together. That Christmas morning moment would be over in a matter of 10 seconds, which would be all it would take to scan what was laid out. The excitement of the morning includes the unknown, the reactions to opening those unkown items, and then the time spent together putting together the items.

Growing up, ours were always wrapped, and I never did pay attention to the wrapping paper. However, with my kids, we have specific wrapping paper for presents from Santa, and that wrapping paper is hidden just like the presents every year.

Agreed. Shaking and examining a package to try to figure out what it was, is a big part of the fun, as is unwrapping. Unwrapping a gift, playing with it for a bit, and then moving on to the next item was pure fun. Honestly, this is the first I've ever heard of getting unwrapped gifts from Santa. Every picture, story, movie etc, and everyone I knew growing up always had presents from Santa wrapped.