Pujols shows not so nice side. Says he was robbed of MVP.

SvFan4life

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very childish of him to say. What about when Bonds undeservingly won the award the last year when people said Pujols should have won. Why didn't he speak up then. I dunno what made him say this but IMO it was childish and unprofessional.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9837181

He's lost a little luster the last few months. He's come across as, well, petulant the last little bit. I guess he's just moody, regardless he did not deserve the MVP this year, the right guy won.

I don't agree with this analgoy...."I see it this way: Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP," Pujols said in Spanish at a news conference organized by the Dominican Republic's sports ministry....

MVP's usually will have their team competing for a playoff spot and yes, often times make it but that shouldn't be a requirement.

I may be wrong, but I think one year Andre Dawson was voted MVP, while playing on a last place team. I also don't think his comment was childish, just his opinion.

I think Ryan Howard had a great year, a phenominal year for a second year player. But if you don't vote for Albert now or in the future because of his attitude or something he said how can Bonds getting the MVP explained. Albert Pujols was I believe in the top 10 on just about every offensive categorey, Howard was not. Pujols was the biggest clutch hitting star in the National league this year. IMO Albert Pujols regardless of how has acted deserved the award more.

PS I am absolutley not a Cards fan, so this is not a homer post

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cry me a river big guy. I thought his comments about getting the numbers to go to Cooperstown were interesting also. It makes me wonder if the Cardinals are going to get a little fat and happy in the offseason (i.e. the Steelers) and have a tough go of it in 2007 as a result.

First, I'm not a huge Cards fan. I don't mind them. I was for Detroit, but I can handle SLC winning. I like Pujols. I think he's a great player. So I will say this. Howard's numbers were VERY impressive, especially for a second year player. I think he's very deserving of the MVP. But so was Pujols. I think sometimes people forget what the MVP stands for. It's the most VALUABLE player. Not necessarily the one with the best numbers. The Phillies didn't make the playoffs with him and those numbers, so they wouldn't really lose anything without him. I think the Phillies actually played better AFTER all the trades. However, Pujols pretty much carried the Cards all year. If you take Pujols out of the line up, the Cards don't win the Central.

It's the same as McNabb a few years ago. He got injured and the Eagles went 4-1 without him. How can he be so valuable if they go 4-1 while he's not in there? And as far as an MVP not making the playoffs, McGwire should've won in '98 over Sosa. McGwire had more homers, fewer strikeouts, trailed in RBIs by like 5, and the Cubs only won like 5 more games than the Cards. But Sosa got it, I think, because he played for the Cubs and they're a media darling and they made the playoffs and the Cards didn't.

I don't agree with this analgoy...."I see it this way: Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP," Pujols said in Spanish at a news conference organized by the Dominican Republic's sports ministry....

MVP's usually will have their team competing for a playoff spot and yes, often times make it but that shouldn't be a requirement.

I may be wrong, but I think one year Andre Dawson was voted MVP, while playing on a last place team. I also don't think his comment was childish, just his opinion.

Childish to the point where he shouldn't have said it IMO.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cry me a river big guy. I thought his comments about getting the numbers to go to Cooperstown were interesting also. It makes me wonder if the Cardinals are going to get a little fat and happy in the offseason (i.e. the Steelers) and have a tough go of it in 2007 as a result.

I sure hope so!

This is very dissapointing to hear from such a great player. Personally I have liked Pujols cause he is a plyer that just goes out there and lets his game do the talking you very rarely see him interviewed. I think this is starting to become a theme for athletes though and its terrible. Like Vince Young last year went off because he didn't win the Heisman. It's selfish and a childish thing to do.

BTW, shouldn't AP have said something like "despite the fact that the Phillies traded away a bunch of starters and despite the fact Howard led the Phillies to the brink of the playoffs and despite the fact he actually led them to more victories than I did for the Cardinals and despite the fact his team had to chase the Mets and my team had to hold off Eric Milton and the Reds until the very last weekend of the season, I SHOULD HAVE WON THE DARN MVP!"

Something like that maybe?

BTW, shouldn't AP have said something like "despite the fact that the Phillies traded away a bunch of starters and despite the fact Howard led the Phillies to the brink of the playoffs and despite the fact he actually led them to more victories than I did for the Cardinals and despite the fact his team had to chase the Mets and my team had to hold off Eric Milton and the Reds until the very last weekend of the season, I SHOULD HAVE WON THE DARN MVP!"

Something like that maybe?

....Oh My, see this is why I like you so much CSHS81, you knew I would revisit this thread and....that was for me, wasn't it.

:lol:

You're alright my friend, alright.