Pujols shows not so nice side. Says he was robbed of MVP.

SvFan4life

Pujols, Pujols, Pujols.... Has Mr. Howard taken away your spotlight? Does Howard make you uneasy? Sheesh!

Albert is becoming one of those guys I don't like. And his comments really surprised me. He was the last person that I thought to say something like this. Howard deserved the MVP. And, Howard will challenge for it again this upcoming season. Barring any injuries.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujols, Pujols, Pujols.... Has Mr. Howard taken away your spotlight? Does Howard make you uneasy? Sheesh!

Albert is becoming one of those guys I don't like. And his comments really surprised me. He was the last person that I thought to say something like this. Howard deserved the MVP. And, Howard will challenge for it again this upcoming season. Barring any injuries.

Don't forget, Pujols missed a lot of time due to an injury and still put up monster numbers. Had he stayed healthy, we probably wouldn't be having this debate, because he probably would've won it.

:thumb: :thumb:

I was beginning to doubt the integrity of the board. Pujols got robbed and as a fan I reserve the right to say that(Pujols should swallow his pride in this one). He was/is the best player in the league, and he carried his team through the regular season, into the playoffs, and to World Series victory. I'm not a Pujols fan in any way, shape, or form, but he did get robbed of this trophy.

I was beginning to doubt the integrity of the board. Pujols got robbed and as a fan I reserve the right to say that(Pujols should swallow his pride in this one). He was/is the best player in the league, and he carried his team through the regular season, into the playoffs, and to World Series victory. I'm not a Pujols fan in any way, shape, or form, but he did get robbed of this trophy.

No way was he "robbed". There numbers were almost identical and yes Pujols helped win the world series but you don't factor in anything past the beginning of October. Rolen helped that team a lot from a major meltdown so it wasn't all Pujols that carried the team like a lot of people try and make it seem. It could have went either way but in no way do I feel like Pujols was robbed of the MVP.

No way was he "robbed". There numbers were almost identical and yes Pujols helped win the world series but you don't factor in anything past the beginning of October. Rolen helped that team a lot from a major meltdown so it wasn't all Pujols that carried the team like a lot of people try and make it seem. It could have went either way but in no way do I feel like Pujols was robbed of the MVP.

That's a nice point that you make about Pujols' not so special October. What you didn't mention was how he carried them through the season, especially the first half. If he didn't have the type of season that he did, the Cards wouldn't have made the playoffs.

OK he wasn't robbed...... Rolen batted 253 after the break. 227 in September. Duncan batted 212 in September. Encarnocion batted 238. Edmonds was hurt and carried a 206 average in September. Pujols batted 368 for the month that mattered most.

Don't forget, Pujols missed a lot of time due to an injury and still put up monster numbers. Had he stayed healthy, we probably wouldn't be having this debate, because he probably would've won it.

I agree. Pujols' injury probably hurt him.

Pujols had, in 143 games, a .331 BA, 137 RBI's, 119 runs, and 47 HR's

Howard, 159 games, had a .313 BA, 149 RBI's, 104 runs, and 58 HR's

Pretty close. Pujols just needs to go on. And stop being negative. That's what will hurt him more, being a whiny pro player.

OK he wasn't robbed...... Rolen batted 253 after the break. 227 in September. Duncan batted 212 in September. Encarnocion batted 238. Edmonds was hurt and carried a 206 average in September. Pujols batted 368 for the month that mattered most.

I'm not saying that Pujols did nothing in October I checked the stats and I think he batted .300+ in every month but I am saying that he had help from Rolen when he came back from injury. The batting average may not show it but he had help. It's an even debate but either player could have won it there wasn't a stand out winner.

That's a nice point that you make about Pujols' not so special October. What you didn't mention was how he carried them through the season, especially the first half. If he didn't have the type of season that he did, the Cards wouldn't have made the playoffs.

And they almost didn't make it. They had a major breakdown towards the end of the season and Philadelphia caught fire. The Phillies finished 2nd in the division and I think top 3 or 4 in the wildcard and that was after they traded Bobby Abreu and Corey Lidle. Ryan Howard came close but it doesn't matter on whether your team goes to the playoffs or not. Look when A-Rod won it with Texas, I think they finished last that year. Playoffs mean NOTHING in the MVP debate.

And they almost didn't make it. They had a major breakdown towards the end of the season and Philadelphia caught fire. The Phillies finished 2nd in the division and I think top 3 or 4 in the wildcard and that was after they traded Bobby Abreu and Corey Lidle. Ryan Howard came close but it doesn't matter on whether your team goes to the playoffs or not. Look when A-Rod won it with Texas, I think they finished last that year. Playoffs mean NOTHING in the MVP debate.

Agreed about the playoffs. BUT, the Phillies didn't make it with Howard, so why would that make him so much more valuable? Take him away from the team and they're still setting at home watching the playoffs. Pujols helped his team and I think we would probably agree that without him, the Cards don't make it. To me, that makes him more "valuable" than Howard.

Agreed about the playoffs. BUT, the Phillies didn't make it with Howard, so why would that make him so much more valuable? Take him away from the team and they're still setting at home watching the playoffs. Pujols helped his team and I think we would probably agree that without him, the Cards don't make it. To me, that makes him more "valuable" than Howard.

Ok, but the Phillies were even trying to prepare their team for next season. At the trade deadline they had given up on the season by trading Abreu. Howard carried his team to where they made it and unfortunately it wasn't enough for the playoffs but he did a dang good job of bringing them back in contention when they were left fir dead.