Top 5 coaches nationally...

Shrek 79

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know education is the most important. However I see no problem with being able to hire a football or basketball that coaches only.In my opinion it doesnt take away from educating these kids. It may just teach them a lesson to do their best and focus to excel.I believe hire the best teachers the best coaches and if you hire them because they are a great coach and a decent teacher thats wrong for the classroom.On the other hand if you hire based on the fact that they are great teachers and just fill a coaching position thats not fair to the athlete. I say put the kids first and it will all fall in line.Better teams and better schools may come about. Just my opinion....

I agree with this point very much.:thumb:

BTW, nice avatar!

How many Superintendents should go for that situation?
It all boils down to the allmighty dollar. If the football program is generating enough money to support the whole athletic program, (which state funding does not fund athletics) the coaches should reap some of the benefits. However, the difference in Kentucky vs. Alabama is that Kentucky would make 5 high schools out of Hoover.

On that note, I praise Harrodsburg & Mercer for realizing that it was financially unfeasable to keep 2 high schools. There are some other districts that could learn from this as well. For example, our state capital has 3 public high schools with enrollments of 1000, 600 and 300. Surrounding them are Scott County with close to 2000 students, all Lexington schools, Woodford County 4A, Anderson County 3A. Both Frankfort and Franklin County school districts are always scraping for money. Why not combine???

There are numerous examples of this throughout Kentucky.

It all boils down to the allmighty dollar. If the football program is generating enough money to support the whole athletic program, (which state funding does not fund athletics) the coaches should reap some of the benefits. However, the difference in Kentucky vs. Alabama is that Kentucky would make 5 high schools out of Hoover.

On that note, I praise Harrodsburg & Mercer for realizing that it was financially unfeasable to keep 2 high schools. There are some other districts that could learn from this as well. For example, our state capital has 3 public high schools with enrollments of 1000, 600 and 300. Surrounding them are Scott County with close to 2000 students, all Lexington schools, Woodford County 4A, Anderson County 3A. Both Frankfort and Franklin County school districts are always scraping for money. Why not combine???

There are numerous examples of this throughout Kentucky.

Paris and Bourbon Co. would be another good example of two schools that could combine.

Could you imagine how good Frankfort and Franklin Co. combined. They are both very good programs now, imagine if they joined forces.