UCLA 73 UK 68

UKPat02

We weren't...I was making a general argument:D that from what I've seen early on, Derrick Jasper isn't a sure bet to be at UK for 4 years.

STRIKE...me and you...argue? Never...:p

You may be right, about Jasper not staying and us always agreeing....

friends3[1].gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Glad hoops season has started...I hadn't got to talk to you in a while. :lol:

You're a baseball guy...I'm a football guy...

Nah, we just love talking about sports and have our favorite....:thumb:

Only those that were not paying attention to a very quality CUSA... ;)
I don't think any of those who did follow, foresaw the kind of impact player Wade could be, until he showcased on the biggest stage.

Then you didn't watch close enough. He was a force from the minute he laced it up...
Was he preseason anything, forecast to be a lottery pick before the season or on any preseason all-american teams?....Its often easy to say, a player is very good, when he's having a great season like Wade did and carried his team but prior to the season, I didn't hear much conversation about him.

He garnished following, during the season and made a statement in the Tournament, which was my comment that not many had heard of him, until the tournament.

Was he preseason anything, forecast to be a lottery pick before the season or on any preseason all-american teams?....Its often easy to say, a player is very good, when he's having a great season like Wade did and carried his team but prior to the season, I didn't hear much conversation about him.

He garnished following, during the season and made a statement in the Tournament, which was my comment that not many had heard of him, until the tournament.

In his first year he went for 17.8 points 6.6 boards and 3.4 assists. If you watched him play at all, you knew he was a special player from day 1. Before the tournament that year he averaged 21.5/6.3/4.4. Like I said, the only way he was a surprise was if you didn't see him play. Was UK his coming out party for those not following CUSA? Sure. But the teams and fans of CUSA knew all too well what he could do before that night. I'm sure the UL fans agree...

In his first year he went for 17.8 points 6.6 boards and 3.4 assists. If you watched him play at all, you knew he was a special player from day 1. Before the tournament that year he averaged 21.5/6.3/4.4. Like I said, the only way he was a surprise was if you didn't see him play. Was UK his coming out party for those not following CUSA? Sure. But the teams and fans of CUSA knew all too well what he could do before that night. I'm sure the UL fans agree...
Actually in his first year, he was ineligible to play and didn't. I agree he looked very good but 17.8pts at Marquette, wasn't instant star status and his own bio on his website, says the following....From unheralded draft pick to fast evolving NBA star, Dwyane Wade has experienced a whirlwind career in fewer than two years. Perhaps this might have been expected of a player widely known as “Flash”.

I saw him play several times and I would be less than truthful, if I thought he would turn into the impact player he is now.

From unheralded draft pick to fast evolving NBA star, Dwyane Wade has experienced a whirlwind career in fewer than two years. Perhaps this might have been expected of a player widely known as “Flash”.

:lol:

He was the 5th overall pick in the draft. That's rich... :lol:

I

UK's Freshman hustle and get after it, but make those youthful mistakes that any team will. Hopefully each will get better, along with the team and Bradley will feel more comfortable, in the PG role. UK needs him to be successful, given his experience.

Like I mentioned before, more positives than negatives.

It appeared to me that most of the youthful mistakes came from the upperclassmen and not the freshmen.