UCLA 73 UK 68

UKPat02

:lol:

He was the 5th overall pick in the draft.

I know and part of the reason, was his tournament performance and not his preseason status, which is/was my point.

Sorry to get thread off topic....:thumb:

It appeared to me that most of the youthful mistakes came from the upperclassmen and not the freshmen.
Don't disagree but in general, Freshman will make youthful mistakes.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back on topic. The kittens look good, and the cats need to step it up. That's how I see the season so far...

That's a good way to sum it up succintly.

With our depth at guard, and lack of depth on the front line, I think we might be better served going with a 3-guard lineup again this year. Jasper, Bradley, Crawford, Perry and Morris...That would allow us to get Jasper in the lineup without benching either Bradley or Crawford. We'll see I suppose.

A lot of people on other UK boards are criticizing Jasper more than Bradley. Even though they pointed out that Jasper had only one less turnover, I would rather have Jasper's four - or even 6 - turnovers compared to the ones that Bradley had. He [bradley] had too many cruical turnovers late in the game that all but ended it for UK (bobbled 3-point which ended up being jump ball, and then just sloppy play). Bradley's turnovers that ended the game for UK looked very familar to the game against Michigan St. two years ago where he had two consecutive turnovers within two minutes that possibly lost UK that game too.

I know and part of the reason, was his tournament performance and not his preseason status, which is/was my point.

Since I love the last word...

He burst onto the national radar when ESPN The Magazine nominated him in 2002 as Shooting Guard of the Year.

:D

Since I love the last word...

He burst onto the national radar when ESPN The Magazine nominated him in 2002 as Shooting Guard of the Year.

:D

:scared: ....:lol: I just wanted to make you do a little research and here it is, so read closely....

You're right, You do like the last Word. Even thought I'm right...

:sssh:

Everybody is dogging Bradley out for turnovers, but Jasper only had one less (4) than Bradley...Why aren't you guys being harsh on him?

:thumb: That is what I am wondering, because both Bradley and Jasper had crucial turnovers. The reason people have usually said Bradley is not a PG is because he shoots to much, but that wasn't the problem last night. For whatever reason it was he just could not hold on to the ball, he couldn't dribble or catch the dang ball. And that is something that is usually not a problem for him. The only turnovers he usually makes is when he tries to get to fancy on passes. So his problems last night is something that usually never happens so I dont see why all of a sudden people say he is not a PG, because honestly I think he is a better PG than the one we had last year. Bradley is a guy that is the key to this teams success, and he will for most games do a great job running the point for us, but just last night was a bad game. Then it is nice to have a guy like Jasper coming in off the bench because he can give this team a spark like last night. So I honestly think we should keep Jasper on the bench and use him like Hawkins on the 2003 team and have him as the 6th man to give us a spark off the bench...

Well losing yesterday sucked, but I liked what I saw from this team because we battled back and had a shot to win the game at the end agianst the #5 team in the country, and with a young team like us thats pretty good.

I know one other thing that really sucked about the loss besides not being in the championship game is now having to play Memphis, because IMO I think we match up better with GTECH than we do Memphis. So we will have a real tough game on our hands tonight, but we can do it...