• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like Bradley's turnovers were most crucial

Then were more crucial and imo Jasper beig a freshman is going to make freshman mistakes. I think that Bradley just tried to make some things happen that weren't there. I am not dogging Bradley at all, just the way I saw it.

Everybody is dogging Bradley out for turnovers, but Jasper only had one less (4) than Bradley...Why aren't you guys being harsh on him?

Possibly because he's a junior who should handle the pressure better than he has, and Jasper is only a freshman.

I'm disappointed in Bradley. UK is in trouble if he's going to be the PG all season, unless he cuts down on his turnovers, particularly in crucial times in the game....like last night.

Now that we have established that Bradley isn't a PG, can we see Jasper at the Point from now on?
I think Jasper will get more time, give Bradley some rest and possibly while he's at the #2 spot, in certain sets.

Jasper has the size to pass over the defense, but must improve his lateral foot speed and his defense, to get more playing time for Coach Smith. I like him, feel like he will be a solid offensive and defensive player in time.

UK's Freshman hustle and get after it, but make those youthful mistakes that any team will. Hopefully each will get better, along with the team and Bradley will feel more comfortable, in the PG role. UK needs him to be successful, given his experience.

Like I mentioned before, more positives than negatives.

I think Jasper will get more time, give Bradley some rest and possibly while he's at the #2 spot, in certain sets.

Jasper has the size to pass over the defense, but must improve his lateral foot speed and his defense, to get more playing time for Coach Smith. I like him, feel like he will be a solid offensive and defensive player in time.

UK's Freshman hustle and get after it, but make those youthful mistakes that any team will. Hopefully each will get better, along with the team and Bradley will feel more comfortable, in the PG role. UK needs him to be successful, given his experience.

Like I mentioned before, more positives than negatives.

I thought Jasper did a pretty good job defending Collison in the second half. How many points and assists did he have in the second half? Jasper even helped in the low post when we couldn't seem to defend a screen on the block. Consistency will be the key for the freshmen. They will play to their potential in one game and play down in the next. I think that Bradley will go through a period where he feels like he has to prove himself because of the pressure from Jasper. This will cause problems if not attended to.

That will come. Jasper is too green right now. Eventually I see that switch being made.

I disagree, but even if he is too green, he's still our best option at the point. We'd have lost by 20+ at least if Jasper hadn't played.

I'm sure Tubby won't make the switch right now, but he's gonna have a hard time not doing it soon if Jasper and Bradley continue on their current paths.

I thought Jasper did a pretty good job defending Collison in the second half. How many points and assists did he have in the second half? Jasper even helped in the low post when we couldn't seem to defend a screen on the block. Consistency will be the key for the freshmen. They will play to their potential in one game and play down in the next. I think that Bradley will go through a period where he feels like he has to prove himself because of the pressure from Jasper. This will cause problems if not attended to.
Excellent comment, consistency will be the key. My point on Jasper is, he's got excellent size and can deny entry passes with his span but if he's going to play on the perimeter, in this defense he will be guarding extremely quick players and he must improve his lateral foot speed, or they will dribble penetrate around him.

UK is relying on back-tipping a lot, as opposed to moving their feet and with the lack of baseline switching defense and poor communication, teams will feed into the post more and more, especially if they get around the initial defender.

Everybody is dogging Bradley out for turnovers, but Jasper only had one less (4) than Bradley...Why aren't you guys being harsh on him?

Maybe because he had 12 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 1 blocked shot (which was great, even if UCLA got it back and scored) to go along with his TO's. Also, his 4 TO's came in 34 minutes, Bradley's 5 came in 23 minutes.

Bradley, on the other hand, 8 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist.

Besides that, if you watched the game...Jasper looked much better. To me anyway.

Jasper had a key one in the last 2 minutes. But you expect that of freshmen in their first key game and not the guy who has experience.

Jasper was also the biggest reason we got back in the game after falling behind by 19 in the first half...

...it's a reach to try and say that Bradley's performance was anything close to Jaspers last night...

Excellent comment, consistency will be the key. My point on Jasper is, he's got excellent size and can deny entry passes with his span but if he's going to play on the perimeter, in this defense he will be guarding extremely quick players and he must improve his lateral foot speed, or they will dribble penetrate around him.

UK is relying on back-tipping a lot, as opposed to moving their feet and with the lack of baseline switching defense and poor communication, teams will feed into the post more and more, especially if they get around the initial defender.

You may be right about Jasper's D, but the problem I have is that Bradley and Crawford haven't been very impressive in that area either. So, I don't see much of a drop, if any, when DJ is in the game. In fact, it might be better.