Jason LaRue Traded

gametime

Lancaster...

LaRue's thoughts

Caught up with Jason LaRue a while ago, and he's happy as can be to be leaving Cincinnati.

"The writing was on the wall pretty much all year long, even after I got back from being hurt," he said. "From day one, it felt just a little bit different as I came off the DL. It seems like they, for whatever reason, had different plans – which is fine. That’s fine with me. I think I’m in a better place and it’s going to be a great opportunity."

LaRue made it clear last year that he felt he should have remained the starting catcher once he was healthy, no matter how badly he was struggling at the plate. But it became impossible to keep David Ross out of the lineup, and LaRue had no reason to believe anything would change in 2007.

"Obviously they have their plans of Ross being the starter this year, and as I said at the end of the year, I’m not at the backup stage of my career," he said. "I still feel like I’m one of the best catchers in the game right now. I had injuries at the beginning of the year and never got on my feet last year."

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone interesting in eating their shoe, if

a)his stats at the end of the year is better than the Reds' catchers or;

b)he is the Royals all-star rep?

A. highly doubtful, both offensively and defensively, even though you'd struggle to convince Jason Larue of it!

B. He has a good chance, you hit .250 and 12 dingers by the end of June and you might be the Royals rep.:p

The best thing that Larue has going for him is that he likes to hunt and fish. He should buy a Ranch and start his own TV show on the Outdoor Channel.

It would be a show about how to miss a deer in 3 easy shots. His weapon of choice would be a 243.:lol:

Anyone interesting in eating their shoe, if

a)his stats at the end of the year is better than the Reds' catchers or;

b)he is the Royals all-star rep?

His stats might be better, but they won't be close to 5 million dollar good. Also, Mauer and Martinez and Irod all catch in the AL. Good luck making the All Star team....

Setting......MY Grandmas' Thanksgiving Day. 40 people around a giant table. We go around the table and give thanks then drop candy corn in a basket.

IAmAFan: IAmAFan gives thanks to the Cincinnati Reds for moving Jason Larue and his 5 million dollar, 220 batting, complaining, striking out, has been but never really was, butt.......

IAmAFan would also like to thank the KC Royals for giving me some hope of improvement for the 07 season.