An apology from Mark Wehry CovCath Internet Announcer

Theoldguy

To all the Johnson Central fans. I was asked to post the below from Mark Wehry and Jason Elfers. Understand Mark and Jason are great guys and do the announcing for CovCath as volunteers. They not only do all the Football and Basketball home and away games, but also some Baseball and Soccer games as well.

First of all, thanks to TheOldGuy for posting this for me.

To all Johnson Central Fans. My name is Mark Wehry and I am the play-by-play announcer for Covington Catholic. I would like to extend a heartfelt apology for my comments on the air last night during our game at LexCath referring to your city as Johsonville. My color man Jason Elfers shares these same sentiments. There was certainly no disrespect intended. The last thing I wanted to do was make the people of Paintsville feel that fans from the north don't respect your football program, your city, or the wonderful people who live there. I just got caught up in the moment during one long, long night and made an obvious stupid comment. Ignorance is my only defense. Paul Brown used to say act like you've been there. Well, until last night, I had never been there before. I know how to act now. I was on the air for 3 and an ½ hours. Try to talk for that long and not say something stupid. It's harder than stopping the wing-T! I look so forward to making my first ever trip to Eastern Kentucky and especially Paintsville. I 100% believe that this is going to be an absolute dogfight. The best of luck to your team and may everyone come out healthy and the best team win and move on to represent both teams well in Louisville. To all the Johnson Central fans; enjoy a happy Thanksgiving on Thursday. How about you guys bring some leftover turkey; will bring the brats. I hope you're laughing with me!

--

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark is a class guy and sent a similar PM to me. I was serious about putting a brat on the grill for him, if that doesn't work out I'll bring him one of our good burgers Friday night. Safe trip to Eagleville to all the CCH entourage!

:thumb:

It's going to be a long week waiting for this one.

To all the Johnson Central fans. I was asked to post the below from Mark Wehry and Jason Elfers. Understand Mark and Jason are great guys and do the announcing for CovCath as volunteers. They not only do all the Football and Basketball home and away games, but also some Baseball and Soccer games as well.

First of all, thanks to TheOldGuy for posting this for me.

To all Johnson Central Fans. My name is Mark Wehry and I am the play-by-play announcer for Covington Catholic. I would like to extend a heartfelt apology for my comments on the air last night during our game at LexCath referring to your city as Johsonville. My color man Jason Elfers shares these same sentiments. There was certainly no disrespect intended. The last thing I wanted to do was make the people of Paintsville feel that fans from the north don't respect your football program, your city, or the wonderful people who live there. I just got caught up in the moment during one long, long night and made an obvious stupid comment. Ignorance is my only defense. Paul Brown used to say act like you've been there. Well, until last night, I had never been there before. I know how to act now. I was on the air for 3 and an ½ hours. Try to talk for that long and not say something stupid. It's harder than stopping the wing-T! I look so forward to making my first ever trip to Eastern Kentucky and especially Paintsville. I 100% believe that this is going to be an absolute dogfight. The best of luck to your team and may everyone come out healthy and the best team win and move on to represent both teams well in Louisville. To all the Johnson Central fans; enjoy a happy Thanksgiving on Thursday. How about you guys bring some leftover turkey; will bring the brats. I hope you're laughing with me!

--

This apology was indeed appropriate. Nice job Mr. Wehry, it takes a big man to do this, and now the focus can be on the game itself. Very classy thing to do.:thumb:

No problem here.

Looking forward to the Biggest Game Ever At The Nest. Win or lose, I'll be happy to have been a small part of it. Hope the CCH fans enjoy the trip out east...it's not such a bad place to visit. Somebody bring me some Montgomery Inn ribs? It has been too long for me.

No problem here.

Looking forward to the Biggest Game Ever At The Nest. Win or lose, I'll be happy to have been a small part of it. Hope the CCH fans enjoy the trip out east...it's not such a bad place to visit. Somebody bring me some Montgomery Inn ribs? It has been too long for me.

Win or loose Montgomery Inn ribs would make it all worth it lol.

Very nicely done...

But in all seriousness, no one here took it personally or was offended. As a matter of fact and to the contrary, we were having a LOT of fun with it... !!!

:p:D :thumb:

You got it. He was nice enough to message me with personal apologies, which caught my rude, insulting, arrogant, persistent BGP felon butt off guard. Mark appears to be a class act, and I told him the same things most of us are saying. But if he's really sorry, he'll wear black and gold Friday night!!

You got it. He was nice enough to message me with personal apologies, which caught my rude, insulting, arrogant, persistent BGP felon butt off guard. Mark appears to be a class act, and I told him the same things most of us are saying. But if he's really sorry, he'll wear black and gold Friday night!!

Now THAT'S funny, I don't care who you are !!

The "Johnsonville" thing is gonna stick, though, and I don't think there's anyway to stop it.

:lol: :lol:

Now THAT'S funny, I don't care who you are !!

The "Johnsonville" thing is gonna stick, though, and I don't think there's anyway to stop it.

:lol: :lol:

I like it. Sorta rolls off the tongue. Maybe we can get it stitched on our jerseys, or shorten it to J'ville, sorta like J'town does in Louisville.