Is the Trinity/Male game the real 4A State Championship?

theguru

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ we didn't beat them by that much :lol:

Realistically, it has to be until someone can prove otherwise....this state literally would froth at the mouth for a Henry Clay -vs- Ryle state championship...this very well may be the year...I just don't see it.

One never knows what can happen. The stars almost seem to be in alignment for this in 06..

Will the winner of this game be favored to win state...absolutly...but if the winner starts sizing up their rings there are still a couple of teams that can knock off either one of these two teams if they don't show up each week...especially during sub-state as one of these two storied programs may still be flying high from their win over the other one and have a letdown. Not saying they will...just stating a possibilty...just ask Bobby Petrino and his Cards on what happens when you come off a huge win and are not ready to play a full 4 quarters.

Will the winner of this game be favored to win state...absolutly...but if the winner starts sizing up their rings there are still a couple of teams that can knock off either one of these two teams if they don't show up each week....

I think there is only one other team out there than "could" beat Trinity or H.

Its the hate Louisville thing that instigated this farce. It should be the last game. After this monumental challenge , the winner of this giant contest will have to win 2 more games. And for Male , the road has been even tougher having played (uh,destroyed) St.X on 11/10. The other games will be good , but this is the big kahoona.

While I think Trinity and Male are the best teams remaining (my opinion) in the 4A playoffs, the fact that they meet in the 3rd round means that the winner will still have to play one and possibly two more games against quality teams. We only increase the potential for an upset in Round 4 (a game where the Louisville team must travel) by calling the T/H game the 'real state championship'. Let the games play out and judge in hindsight where the eventual champion faced the toughest challenge.

Go Dawgs!

Stomp the Shamrocks!

Yea, most likely but Henry Clay is rolling and if I'm not mistaken they will host the winner of the Trinity Male game (if they beat Clark of course:rolleyes: )

Henry Clay has two big time wide outs in Jeter and Minnifield who are seniors and Boyd is about as big a receiver as you will see. They won't be a push over especially if it's in Lexington.

Henry Clay can play with either one of them but I don't know about beating them.

Henry Clay was rolling and undefeated last year until they hit Trinity and they got thumped and as I recall both of those kids were playing last year.

No doubt in my mind the winner of this game wins the next two going away.

The answer to the question is 100% NO. T is a state power year after year, and I really like the way they play football. Male is also a state power year after year, and we played a similar style football when I was in high school. But we are forgeting something are we. There's a team about 1hr east thats resides on Fontaine Rd. that is making alot of noise again this year after many considered it to be a rebuilding year. Henry Clay is becoming a huge power. They are getting closer to were they want to be on a yearly basis. This team is the real deal and Sam is a motivator. Congrats to the rocks for beating them last year and winning state like I expected, but this years HC team is alot faster and more explosive than the one that stomped on the T. They are ready.

Henry Clay was rolling and undefeated last year until they hit Trinity and they got thumped and as I recall both of those kids were playing last year.

No doubt in my mind the winner of this game wins the next two going away.

I agree both of them were playing last year they were juniors. They are a little older and a little better. Henry Clay wasn't undefeated they had lost to Lafayette like they did this year as well. I think Trinity or Male will beat Henry Clay but Henry Clay would be very tough to blowout is all I am saying.

I agree both of them were playing last year they were juniors. They are a little older and a little better. Henry Clay wasn't undefeated they had lost to Lafayette like they did this year as well. I think Trinity or Male will beat Henry Clay but Henry Clay would be very tough to blowout is all I am saying.

Golfer,

Aaron Boyd is a junior, a very very big junior.

Henry Clay has a better chance to beat either T or Male than any other 4A team in the state outside of Louisville.

Henry Clay is loaded with talent and has had WAY more talent then any other team in or around Lexington for the past 10 years. Thier recieving core of Jeter, Boyd, and Minnifield is outstanding. Their offensive line is huge. They will have this game at home. If Sam Simpson sticks to his strengths then Henry Clay could pull an upset. Is it likely......no, could it happen.....yes.