Is the Trinity/Male game the real 4A State Championship?

theguru

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was funny on local TV news tonight in Louisville they started a segment on the game saying....

"The KHSAA's answer to the private-public debate, well it happens this week when the only two Jefferson County 4-A schools collide in the quarterfinals - yes quarterfinals - to decide the 4-A state champion."

My wife and I were laughing. She thought he said likely 4-A state champion but I don't believe he did. Just thought it was funny how the media sees it.

Lafayette's Head Coach Mike Harmon is an assistant coach to Horsemen Head Coach Mike Zuckerman who assists Harmon at Lafayette. Both coached with former Lexington Catholic and Lexington Horseman Head Coach Bob Sphire with the Horsemen. Bob Sphire assisted former Lexington Horseman Head Coach Tony Franklin who helped put in the offense at Henry Clay in 2005.

Lafayette used a three and four man front with five or six linebackers to help take away all the underneath stuff. It was an effective strategy.

Not to take anything away from an outstanding effort by Lafayette, but I feel that at least offensively, Henry Clay beat themselves on October 20th.

Many opportunies were available, but not capitalized on.

It appears the loss to Lafayette was a very good learning experience for this young Blue Devil team.

Maybe all of the coaches having problems with the Franklin system should go to the Harmon, Zuckerman,Sphire System Beater System Clinic. I hear it is well worth the money!:lol:

:sssh:

Henry Clay was rolling and undefeated last year until they hit Trinity and they got thumped and as I recall both of those kids were playing last year.

No doubt in my mind the winner of this game wins the next two going away.

Actually they got beat by Lafayette last year too.