Is the Trinity/Male game the real 4A State Championship?

theguru

I wouldn't say that Male is better than Trinity or Henry Clay. Beaumont is grrrrreat, but I really don't know about the rest of the team versus T's depth. Henry Clay is extremely fast, and not just Minnifield. I think when you talk about this side of the bracket, HC, T, and H all have a chance at going all the way. The odd man out by a landslide is Clark Co.. They wear red, but they aint Rutgers.

Male WR Josh Williams is one of the top players in the state in all classes IMO, and I have NO bias towards any 4A team in the state.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk is predicated on the assumption that the winner of this game wins out. If the winner of this game loses ANYWHERE along the line, then this game is NOT the "real 4A State Championship."

MBA was under 500 on the season and lost a few games very big...Manual was decent...St X is good, but, imo, the only good team T has played all year
Yup, only in state losses were to Male, X, and Trinity. Beat several top 10 teams like Warren Central and PRP. Not to mention Meade Co, a regional finalist. Decent. Trinity's played nobody.

:rolleyes:

All this talk is predicated on the assumption that the winner of this game wins out. If the winner of this game loses ANYWHERE along the line, then this game is NOT the "real 4A State Championship."

Bluto => The burden of proof will be on the challenger(s) to the winner of Male vs. Trinity. No disrespect, just have to prove that the out of Jefferson Co. teams can compete and win the 4A title in the Louisville back yard. I agree that the semifinal game could present some trouble for Male or even Trinity, but once the 3rd quarter gets started, one of them will pull away in worst case senerio. Wish I had a stronger interest in it, but it will be very difficult to stop Male or Trinity. It can be done (maybe?), but I would be very surprised to see anyone pull it off. Good Luck to all.

As others have stated, the state championship is played Nov. 30th. The fact that Male-Trinity is a quality matchup does not mean it should be considered the championship. I am sure there were other years in the past when the two "best" teams met earlier in the playoffs. The state should keep rotating district matchups. At least then the privates are all in the same half of the brackets in 4A some of the time. It would be even better to put X and Trinity in the same district!

As others have stated, the state championship is played Nov. 30th. The fact that Male-Trinity is a quality matchup does not mean it should be considered the championship. I am sure there were other years in the past when the two "best" teams met earlier in the playoffs. The state should keep rotating district matchups. At least then the privates are all in the same half of the brackets in 4A some of the time. It would be even better to put X and Trinity in the same district!
Any merit this post had is disqualified.

Speaking for myself only. Not saying that Male vs. Trinity IS the championship GAME. That game will be played on Nov. 30. What I am saying is that whom ever wins the Male vs. Trinity GAME is more than capable of winning it all and will probably do so. This is just MHO. I respect others thoughts and judgments, however, Henry Clay better have something up their sleeve to handle either of these two teams....... Good Luck to all teams.

Speaking for myself only. Not saying that Male vs. Trinity IS the championship GAME. That game will be played on Nov. 30. What I am saying is that whom ever wins the Male vs. Trinity GAME is more than capable of winning it all and will probably do so. This is just MHO. I respect others thoughts and judgments, however, Henry Clay better have something up their sleeve to handle either of these two teams....... Good Luck to all teams.

Whoever wins the Male versus Trinity matchup will be heavily favored to win the 4A state title.

This is a true statement. However, there are other teams who feel they can compete as well. This is what playoff football is all about.......sudden death, single elimination football.

I love it!

Yup, only in state losses were to Male, X, and Trinity. Beat several top 10 teams like Warren Central and PRP. Not to mention Meade Co, a regional finalist. Decent. Trinity's played nobody.

:rolleyes:

Yes, decent...the 4 instate losses were by a combined score difference of 122-25 and when you throw in the Brentwood loss it was 171-31 difference...Not what I would call very competitive...Yes, you beat PRP, who proved to be an overranked team and yes, Meade Co is still left, but, they've also been beat 5 times this year by some not so great teams. I'll give you WCentral as a good win, but, imo, they aren't a Top 10 team, but definately the best win Manual has....

Yes, decent...the 4 instate losses were by a combined score difference of 122-25 and when you throw in the Brentwood loss it was 171-31 difference...Not what I would call very competitive...Yes, you beat PRP, who proved to be an overranked team and yes, Meade Co is still left, but, they've also been beat 5 times this year by some not so great teams. I'll give you WCentral as a good win, but, imo, they aren't a Top 10 team, but definately the best win Manual has....
Who are the top 10, if you don't think Warren Central makes the cut? The BGP poll, easily the best in the land pound for pound, disagrees with you.

By the way, anyone that saw the games against Trinity and X would have called them competitive, they got away from Manual late but were certainly close to begin with. Until Manual lost their top two QBs in the sceond half against X in the playoffs, they were down 3 and driving in Tiger territory.

Who are the top 10, if you don't think Warren Central makes the cut? The BGP poll, easily the best in the land pound for pound, disagrees with you.

The Big 3, HClay, Lafayette, Ryle, Henderson Co., Owensboro, Lincoln Co and Scott Co....I know some of these teams have been eliminated, but at year end, thats who I would have had in there....i would have had Manual ahead of WCentral as well...