Is the Trinity/Male game the real 4A State Championship?

theguru

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the winner get the trophy? Didn't think so. So I guess the answer is "No". That game will be played in late November.:thumb:

Everyone outside of Jefferson county is happy. Kentucky is one big happy family.

According to a Henry Clay coach that I talked to today in Lexington, the real state championship is to be played at Henry Clay the following Friday against the winner of the Male - Trinity game. Henry Clay is hoping to get a shot at Trinity. I think Henry Clay will get its wish.

:flame:

Absolutely not....Male is definately proven to be head and shoulders above the other teams in Ky, but, they're certainly not unbeatable...Trinity, imo, has alot to prove...There schedules been weak this year with exception of the St X game and haven't been challenged by a decent team since the X game....I think theres several teams who most definately feel they can compete with either...Guess we'll see soon enough..

Absolutely not....Male is definately proven to be head and shoulders above the other teams in Ky, but, they're certainly not unbeatable...Trinity, imo, has alot to prove...There schedules been weak this year with exception of the St X game and haven't been challenged by a decent team since the X game....I think theres several teams who most definately feel they can compete with either...Guess we'll see soon enough..

We played MBA, Manual, and X.....

That's three very good teams.

I wouldn't say that Male is better than Trinity or Henry Clay. Beaumont is grrrrreat, but I really don't know about the rest of the team versus T's depth. Henry Clay is extremely fast, and not just Minnifield. I think when you talk about this side of the bracket, HC, T, and H all have a chance at going all the way. The odd man out by a landslide is Clark Co.. They wear red, but they aint Rutgers.

Do You think that this was a 'cast the bait ' thread or what ? Male or Trinity haven't even looked to see' who they play if'. Henry Clay and Ryle have very good records , and either is capable of winning the state title , especially without having to face H or T in this round.

By the way . What are the Litratings today ? As of last week , Male would have been about a 15 point favorite over Trinity, and only a 10 point favorite over St.Xavier. ( and beat them by 26!) Male is the most talented team in the state , and I know Henry Clay is loaded with speed also.

According to a Henry Clay coach that I talked to today in Lexington, the real state championship is to be played at Henry Clay the following Friday against the winner of the Male - Trinity game. Henry Clay is hoping to get a shot at Trinity. I think Henry Clay will get its wish.

Henry Clay's players and this coach you spoke to need to focus totally on Clark County.

Having a Trinity rematch on your wish list is a recipe for disaster at this time of year.

Who ever is fortunate to win the Male vs. Trinity game will certianly have the leg up towards the title. IF the winner of that game prepares hard, has a solid game plan and executes that plan in the Semi-Final and Final, that team will win the 4A crown. Nothing against the remaining teams, its the track record and experience which rises to the top and better prepares players and coaches for the big stage of a state championship. Baring any outings in which the winner of the above game produces 3 + turnovers and a very soft defensive showing, its over. Good Luck to all teams.