Andy Dalton to IR

Andy Dalton was placed on injured reserve for the remainder of the season and the Bengals signed Tom Savage as a backup to Driskel.

At this point, we might as well see what Driskel can do. AD wasn't their problem, however, he didn't put them on his back and carry them for a few games either. He's not that guy. A good QB who has to have the cast around him.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Dalton was placed on injured reserve for the remainder of the season and the Bengals signed Tom Savage as a backup to Driskel.

At this point, we might as well see what Driskel can do. AD wasn't their problem, however, he didn't put them on his back and carry them for a few games either. He's not that guy. A good QB who has to have the cast around him.

I agree he isnt the problem but also isnt the solution. Andy Dalton and Alex Smith are both average qbs, who are starting nfl qb types though. The problem is they may be the worst qbs for a team to have.

They are guys who if you put a lot of solid players around them, you can win a lot of games and be playoff team. However neither are guys who will be able to take a team to the next step and put a team on their back. Which teams need in the playoffs.

We seen it with Dalton in 5 straight playoffs. Saw it with Alex Smith. Kansas City a playoff team with him, but not the offensive juggernaut they are with a better qb.

So for a franchise having them puts teams in horrible spots. Because they aren't good enough to get them over the top, but they arent bad enough to where you can blame them. So it leaves you kind of stuck.

Hopefully Green can play and can just see what Driskell can do. He may suck or may be a pleasant surprise.

This is where I am at.

Let's see what Driskel can do and then who knows.

I like his strong arm and athletic ability. Let's see if they can show some creativity for once and use him in different ways. Plus he has a bigger arm. So maybe they will try to test the defense more often.

I like his strong arm and athletic ability. Let's see if they can show some creativity for once and use him in different ways. Plus he has a bigger arm. So maybe they will try to test the defense more often.

I have to admit this has me more interested in the Bengals and watching the rest of the games.

I agree he isnt the problem but also isnt the solution. Andy Dalton and Alex Smith are both average qbs, who are starting nfl qb types though. The problem is they may be the worst qbs for a team to have.

They are guys who if you put a lot of solid players around them, you can win a lot of games and be playoff team. However neither are guys who will be able to take a team to the next step and put a team on their back. Which teams need in the playoffs.

We seen it with Dalton in 5 straight playoffs. Saw it with Alex Smith. Kansas City a playoff team with him, but not the offensive juggernaut they are with a better qb.

So for a franchise having them puts teams in horrible spots. Because they aren't good enough to get them over the top, but they arent bad enough to where you can blame them. So it leaves you kind of stuck.

Hopefully Green can play and can just see what Driskell can do. He may suck or may be a pleasant surprise.

Name the quarterbacks for me that put the "team" on their back and carry them to wins please. I am really curious to see this "list" and then I can offer my opinions as I feel the only 2 that can and have done this are Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. I can make a pretty good argument against most everyone else.

Name the quarterbacks for me that put the "team" on their back and carry them to wins please. I am really curious to see this "list" and then I can offer my opinions as I feel the only 2 that can and have done this are Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. I can make a pretty good argument against most everyone else.

I think Roethlisberger would be on that list.

Saw this on Twitter last night, but Andy has "Gamekeeper's Thumb," which is interesting to say the least.

Gamekeeper's thumb is an insufficiency of the ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) of the metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joint of the thumb. [1] The injury occurred as the gamekeepers sacrificed game such as rabbits by breaking the animals' necks between the thumb and index finger of the gamekeeper and the ground. As a result, a valgus force was placed onto the abducted metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joint, leading to a ruptured ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) injury and chronic attritional injury that resulted in instability, which was accompanied by pain and weakness of the pinch grasp.

Saw this on Twitter last night, but Andy has "Gamekeeper's Thumb," which is interesting to say the least.

Gamekeeper's thumb is an insufficiency of the ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) of the metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joint of the thumb. [1] The injury occurred as the gamekeepers sacrificed game such as rabbits by breaking the animals' necks between the thumb and index finger of the gamekeeper and the ground. As a result, a valgus force was placed onto the abducted metacarpophalangeal (MCP) joint, leading to a ruptured ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) injury and chronic attritional injury that resulted in instability, which was accompanied by pain and weakness of the pinch grasp.

That cleared things up.