CBS Bowl Predictions

02Ram54

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the ESPN talking heads have a rematch of Michigan-OSU as long as the first game is close. Conspiracy theorists have Notre Dame finding a way to get in. The Sporting News radio guys think Texas will get a shot. This is why we need a playoff. No offense to UL but I'd like to see them beat Rutgers, lose to Pitt, and have Texas, Notre Dame, any SEC team plus about 5-6 from other conferences finish with one loss so maybe the current system would short circuit the computers.

I can't see anything other than a UL/OSU final unless UL or OSU loses of course.

UK has an outside shot at the Outback Bowl. Would have to win out.

Tennessee would get the nod there if they finish 9-3.

If two SEC teams make the BCS, then UK would have a shot at the Peach Bowl. Arkansas or Auburn to the Cotton, LSU to the Capital One, UT to the Outback, and UK to the Peach if they finish ahead of SC in the standings.

I would venture to say, that it will be one of the three: Liberty Bowl(whose site has UK and South Carolina in the captionon the webpage), Music City, or Independence.

Most of the ESPN talking heads have a rematch of Michigan-OSU as long as the first game is close. Conspiracy theorists have Notre Dame finding a way to get in. The Sporting News radio guys think Texas will get a shot. This is why we need a playoff. No offense to UL but I'd like to see them beat Rutgers, lose to Pitt, and have Texas, Notre Dame, any SEC team plus about 5-6 from other conferences finish with one loss so maybe the current system would short circuit the computers.

So that the argument would be about the teams that didn't get into a 4 or 8 team playoff rather than the 3rd team. It changes nothing. The argument would be about the 5th or 9th team in the rankings instead of the 3rd.

Heck, in basketball, they invite 65 teams and the big talk last year was the Bearcats not getting in.