CBS Bowl Predictions

02Ram54

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many BGPers are road-tripping to watch the Cats SHOULD they get invited to play an extra game?

I would make a 3 night trip out of it, wherever it is...been a long time since that killer weekend in Atlanta...

Another question...anyone other than me who will go to both the UK bowl game AND the U of L bowl game (IF it is for the NC)???

After last week's games, my BCS predictions:

National Championship Game:

Michigan vs. Louisville (you don't know how much it kills me to post this)

Rose Bowl:

USC vs. Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl:

Florida vs. Texas

Sugar Bowl:

Notre Dame vs. Auburn

Orange Bowl:

Georgia Tech vs. Boise State

This might be important to remember:

BCS National Championship Game gets to pick the first two teams

If not selected for the national championship game, conference champions automatically go to the following:

ACC- Orange

Big Ten- Rose

SEC- Sugar

Big XII- Fiesta

Pac 10- Rose

After those schools have been placed, the choices go as follows:

1. Any bowl that loses its host school (for instance, the Rose losing Ohio State; the sugar losing Auburn/Florida)

This wouldn't affect two bowls if Louisville makes it, since the Big East has no host bowl

2. Sugar Bowl gets next pick

3. Orange Bowl

4. Fiesta Bowl (You can imagine Boise State would fall to here simply because the Orange/Sugar wouldn't expect a huge contingent to drive from Idaho; they will travel to Glendale-remember how well Utah travelled)

Most of the ESPN talking heads have a rematch of Michigan-OSU as long as the first game is close. Conspiracy theorists have Notre Dame finding a way to get in. The Sporting News radio guys think Texas will get a shot. This is why we need a playoff. No offense to UL but I'd like to see them beat Rutgers, lose to Pitt, and have Texas, Notre Dame, any SEC team plus about 5-6 from other conferences finish with one loss so maybe the current system would short circuit the computers.

I could see Ohio State making it into the National Championship even if they lose to Michigan, provided the first game is very close and especially if there are one or more controversial calls that affect the outcome. The whole college football world has been drooling over OSU since before the start of the season and I just don't think the opinion-makers would be willing to let go of the notion of the Buckeyes in the National Championship game, even with a blemish on their record. At the same time, many are looking for any excuse they can find to exclude the Cardinals (even if they finish undefeated).

For these reasons, U of L not only has to keep winning, but must do so in more convincing fashion than the near miss against Cincinnati and the relatively lackluster offensive performances against Syracuse and Kansas State. A comfortable win (2 TDs) against Rutgers would go a long way toward boosting U of L's prospects.

If Louisville makes the title game, I'm taking out a loan to go see it. Period.
It was $300 per ticket on the order form I sent in. I reserved two. Me and RRR if we get picked in the ticket lottery. If we go maybe you and we could share a room to cut cost.:thumb: