MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TMI ALERT :lol2:

When I was 16 I might've been pushing it a bit, but I went around door-to-door getting a ton of candy then hooked up with my riff-raff friends where we snuck a 12-pack into the woods.

We didn't get too far with that before the cops arrived to make us pour it all out. Thankfully that was the worst of the trouble, and they didn't make a bigger deal of it.

The real kicker to the whole story was that my last minute costume that night was my sister's Catholic school girl uniform with made-up face and a wig, and the smirks and giggles that the police were fighting back while addressing us.

For the record I do not have drag queen tendencies, but no doubt I still get a kick out of playing crazy dress up, and sometimes I don't have to wait for Halloween to do it. Sometimes it can be a real hoot to pull a stunt when nobody expects it.

I’ve def taken my kid when he couldn’t/didn’t eat candy and it’s for the fun and experience, not for the free candy. I can buy a bag of Reese’s instead of getting random crap I don’t really want. :lol2:

Yep. Last year he could some of it, but he still can't eat stuff like gum and the hard candy. We took him around then so he would get used to it.

Took him at a campground a few weekends back and he was sprinting bucket in hand from one campsite to the next saying whatever his version of trick or treat is.

Proud parent moment: Kid said thank you to every single person without being prompted once. :lol2:

My personal opinion is a middle school student shouldn't be trick-or-treating in the first place. However, that could make things difficult for parents looking to take a younger kid and having to miss the concert.

If they dress up (not just put on a football jersey and jeans) they have earned candy.

I have more of a problem with people bringing infants around to get candy than the random 7th or 8th grader.

They don't come around for the candy, they come around to showcase their little ones. Mentioned to a neighbor that we could have a few treaters tonight since one family on the street had twins last year and 3 more become recent grandparents. I'm cool with that!