Thoughts on Trick or Treat Being Moved to Tonight

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They don't come around for the candy, they come around to showcase their little ones. Mentioned to a neighbor that we could have a few treaters tonight since one family on the street had twins last year and 3 more become recent grandparents. I'm cool with that!

I know that some do, but I'll see a ton tonight at our Trunk or Treat that will have babies in pajamas and they'll be pushing a bag in my face wanting candy.

While the may have been upset about it, it sure didn't keep them home in Alexandria, or perhaps, Alexandria became the target spot for all of Northern Kentucky.

Traffic was backed up in both directions on US27 from 6pm to 8pm while everyone was looking for places to park and dump off their kids.

They did have a perfect night for it.

While the may have been upset about it, it sure didn't keep them home in Alexandria, or perhaps, Alexandria became the target spot for all of Northern Kentucky.

Traffic was backed up in both directions on US27 from 6pm to 8pm while everyone was looking for places to park and dump off their kids.

They did have a perfect night for it.

Spot on regarding the traffic. Worse than Christmas.

Yep. We tried 3 different areas in Alexandria, either couldn't get there due to traffic, or there was zero parking.

Ended up taking little man to my parents in Cold Spring and he wore his costume around their house and got a handful of candy from them. He seemed content. :lol2:

Wife is determined to let him go tonight (assuming it's not a downpour). She already has a new weather safe costume for him and everything. Haha.

We ended up with 3 trick or treaters last evening. A neighbor who had twins last year and wanted to meet everyone. Actually first time I met her. And a neighbors son, brought over his 1.5 year old.

I had joked with a neighbor in he morning that since we had 3 new grand parents on the street and the twins, our door bell just might ring.

No car pools showed up to my knowledge as our street is very hard for the kids to work. Houses sit far off the street and it is rather hilly.

I didn't have any candy here, but lets say the kids scored some nice toys.

A good friend of mine on the local city council has said for years that Trick-or-Treating should be on the Saturday evening closest to Halloween. That way you don't interfere with church (Sunday/Wednesday), high school football (Friday), or other school night events (Monday/Tuesday/Thursday). Everyone knows when it is and there's no conflict with school or religious functions. Of course the city council shoots it down every year!

I don't know how kids and parents have survived it all these years. All those pressing life decisions.