Thoughts on Trick or Treat Being Moved to Tonight

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not a parent so not sure how qualified I am to speak on the subject. If it has to be moved for weather concerns, it is not that big of deal. Or, just as good or better, maybe this is a teachable moment in a kid's life if it is cancelled. "Hey, sometimes things happen in life and events are cancelled because of weather or other reason. This is one of those times."

I am not a parent so not sure how qualified I am to speak on the subject. If it has to be moved for weather concerns, it is not that big of deal. Or, just as good or better, maybe this is a teachable moment in a kid's life if it is cancelled. "Hey, sometimes things happen in life and events are cancelled because of weather or other reason. This is one of those times."

Like I said before I really didn't care that much, but a lot of jobs people have to schedule to take of to make it and what not. If we are going to move holidays around for good weather lets extend that to all of them.

Our community had Halloween last night.... on Halloween, lol.

We had a few less trick or treaters than normal due to the on again/off again rain, but still found it plenty festive.

Although it doesn’t solve the weather controversy.... I would be fine moving trick or treating to the last Saturday before Halloween, adults have been celebrating it that way forever, lol, that’s when most Halloween house/bar parties are. I’m also fine leaving as is. Life would be grand if this is all we had to worry about.

Like I said before I really didn't care that much, but a lot of jobs people have to schedule to take of to make it and what not. If we are going to move holidays around for good weather lets extend that to all of them.

What other holiday is 99% kids having to outside walking around for a few hours?

I am not sure any other "holiday" compares to the what we do on Halloween making them as weather dependent. If schedules were modified and then it rains, well, then it rains and you can't go. That happens in all walks of life, all the time.

Edited by bugatti

I live in Alexandria and have for the past 25 years. I don’t care when Halloween is celebrated. For those saying kid’s safety was the main concern, I would agree. However, I will tell you that this year in Alexandria was the MOST unsafe in my 25 years. The volume of treater’s and their crazy parents made it unsafe. The parents fighting over parking and what-not was unsafe. The sidewalks were overflowing and then kids started walking in the streets. The fact that Alexandria moved the date and no other city did, more than the weather, made it unsafe imo.