CCH 29 HHS 27 part deux

jpa2825

LN I agree with you almost all the time, but on this call I can't... You have to play field position in a game against CovCath.. They have the best kicker in the state. This was a bone head move...I know you always stick up for Dale, but this was a horrible call. Hopefully he kicks the ball deep on kickoffs also. Personally I think Dale lost the game ....not the players. GO BIRDS!!!!! :ylsuper:

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, we'll just respectfully disagree with one another.

And as for your comment that I always stick up for Dale, that's not true. And while do agree with a whole lot of his decisions, when I disagree I just choose not criticize the head coach of the program that I played for publicly :ylsuper: .

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost it. CCH won it and deferred to the second half I was told. I wasn't paying attention so I don't know that for a fact (Henry was asking me some question about the band I think:laugh: ).

Yea, that's what I do during games, talk about the band.:rolleyes: :irked: . Gee Leatherneck what tunes do you think the band will play next week?:madman:

You might as well just meet up with me AFTER the games from now on.:D

Yea, that's what I do during games, talk about the band.:rolleyes: :irked: . Gee Leatherneck what tunes do you think the band will play next week?:madman:

I'll put my money on the National Anthem as one of their selections.

Boy, I bet it is fun to live in your household after this game or any losing game for that matter. Henry521, I wasn't sure what gender you were, but now I know. You are definitely the wife (the one who wears the pants in your family).

Boy, I bet it is fun to live in your household after this game or any losing game for that matter. Henry521, I wasn't sure what gender you were, but now I know. You are definitely the wife (the one who wears the pants in your family).

You are a very smart man. Not a good next two weeks for anyone ruffling my feathers.:fight:

I haven't had the chance to post about this game yet. I was so excited for my brother and the rest of the CCH players. What a great game!!!

Both teams played extremely well and with a lot of heart. You can't say that the team that "wanted it more" won, because both teams fought as hard as they could to present one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. I'm anticipating the rematch, but very nervous about it as well. I was glad to see both teams show a lot of class and respect for each other out there on the field. Whether some of the fans did this or not doesn't matter, the fact that the players did is what impressed me.

I hope the Birds players are not hanging their heads about this loss because they have no reason to do so. The better team did not win...... or lose. These teams have a lot of talent in different positions so I think that it is hard to say which is better than the other.

I would have to say that I almost lost my voice encouraging CCH's O-Line to protect my little brother. They did a tremendous job!! Thanks, line! :thumb:

I haven't had the chance to post about this game yet. I was so excited for my brother and the rest of the CCH players. What a great game!!!

Both teams played extremely well and with a lot of heart. You can't say that the team that "wanted it more" won, because both teams fought as hard as they could to present one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. I'm anticipating the rematch, but very nervous about it as well. I was glad to see both teams show a lot of class and respect for each other out there on the field. Whether some of the fans did this or not doesn't matter, the fact that the players did is what impressed me.

I hope the Birds players are not hanging their heads about this loss because they have no reason to do so. The better team did not win...... or lose. These teams have a lot of talent in different positions so I think that it is hard to say which is better than the other.

I would have to say that I almost lost my voice encouraging CCH's O-Line to protect my little brother. They did a tremendous job!! Thanks, line! :thumb:

Very nice and gracious post and I love the avatar of the Jar Head. Awesome.

As to the fake punt, it was a gutsy call made from the sideline, the type I'm used to seeing from Dale. If it works and we end up scoring on the drive, Dale's a genius (much like the Bengals passing deep to Johnson on fourth and one two games ago). Dale obviously saw something in prior CovCath games he thought he could exploit. It didn't work due to two interior defenders on CovCath's team doing a great job. We had the pressure man and the outside man blocked, but two interior guys really hustled to tackle Cecil. Our d still ended up holding them to the 47 yd field goal. Personally I liked the call.

LN, I will respectfully disagree with you here. I think it was one of those things that doesnt really look so bad after you do it and fail but as you look at how the game unfolded... it was a move they didnt have to make.

Short field is so crucial in a game like this, especially when you have a kicker like Popham who if not offered a D1 scholarship in the next few weeks should be outraged.

Dale did what he had to do. CCH appeared to be saying "we're taking Kramer out of the game so beat us with someone else if you can." Had Dale been hardheaded about it, HHS would have been blown out.

All im saying is Kramer is obviously your best playmaker. Fine they are keying on him but you still have to find ways to get him the ball. He can catch cant he? Line him up at wideout or run more screens for him. Most of the plays I seen him touch the ball was on the shotgun QB option plays. Mix it up sure but make sure your number 1 guy gets his chances.