Report: OSU's Urban Meyer Knew and Lied About Domestic Abuse Allegations

Wireman

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me school you on something bro. I don’t know what kind of technology you think law enforcement has but when you run someone’s name through NCIC which is what gets checked when a cop runs your Id, it comes back with 2 things. Your driving history and if you have warrants. So until you can provide any fraction of evidence this particular officer was familiar with this couple or she showed him injuries, any negative spin you’re trying to deflect on the cop to somehow make this the cops fault is bogus. Maybe you think it would’ve been ok to violate her 4th amendment rights and went through her phone too?

You’re defending a school and coach who looked the other way in regards to DV. That’s scary bro..scary

You’re defending cops who’ve been called 9 times to the house and we’re told face to face she claimed DV. Yet the weird part is you believe it’s true and want Meyer fired because he didn’t act on it. Guess it applies differently to the parties you support or don’t support.

What motive would he have for not firing him in 2015 if he knew?

It was his mentor's grandson. Meyer has said that Bruce is the second most influential male in his life. Don't discount how hard it would be to fire your mentor's grandson.

Early in my career I had a situation where the God Son of my aunt and uncle did something that I should fire him for. It was an incredibly hard decision, only because of the connection to my aunt and uncle. Without that connection he would have been fired on the spot, but that connection gave me pause. I felt that I needed to tell them first why I was doing it, since they had asked me to help him find a job to begin with. After telling them, it was very easy to fire him the next day, for cause.

Maybe Urban didn't want to put Bruce's family through it at the time and hoped the issue would stop.

However he was wrong, as I would have been for not firing the God Son of my aunt.

I guess you missed it the first time. This isn’t a criminal trial and “beyond a reasonable doubt” isn’t the burden of proof here. It’s the preponderance of the evidence.

And what do you do with preponderance of the evidence? Is that how its worded in Meyer's contract?

And what do you do with preponderance of the evidence? Is that how its worded in Meyer's contract?

If you don’t know the difference between civil and criminal issues you should do some research. Contracts are civil issues and the burden of proof is different.

It was his mentor's grandson. Meyer has said that Bruce is the second most influential male in his life. Don't discount how hard it would be to fire your mentor's grandson.

Early in my career I had a situation where the God Son of my aunt and uncle did something that I should fire him for. It was an incredibly hard decision, only because of the connection to my aunt and uncle. Without that connection he would have been fired on the spot, but that connection gave me pause. I felt that I needed to tell them first why I was doing it, since they had asked me to help him find a job to begin with. After telling them, it was very easy to fire him the next day, for cause.

Maybe Urban didn't want to put Bruce's family through it at the time and hoped the issue would stop.

However he was wrong, as I would have been for not firing the God Son of my aunt.

So Urban was fine letting Smith go the 1st time and the 3rd time but not the 2nd?

If you don’t know the difference between civil and criminal issues you should do some research. Contracts are civil issues and the burden of proof is different.

I understand the difference. I'm assuming we're both speaking about OSU being able to fire him with cause right?

You’re defending cops who’ve been called 9 times to the house and we’re told face to face she claimed DV. Yet the weird part is you believe it’s true and want Meyer fired because he didn’t act on it. Guess it applies differently to the parties you support or don’t support.

Once again, you’re assuming every cop that talked to them was familiar with the couples history and that the victim told the cops the truth and they did nothing. You don’t know that there were no reports completed, or if the prosecutors declined to prosecute. You obviously have a distorted view of what cops can actually do.

I understand the difference. I'm assuming we're both speaking about OSU being able to fire him with cause right?

Yes, which is civil. Thus the burden of proof in court if Meyer tried to file a wrongful termination lawsuit (which is still civil) is preponderance of the evidence. It’s really not as complicated as you’re trying to make it.