Open Job: Bryan Station

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah because AAU is so much about coaching and not just having talent lol.

Because high school coaching is so much about not just having talent.

Basketball isn't rocket science, Nimbo played at the highest level and his AAU team he runs doesn't have the most talent, in fact has left over talent more times than not yet he always competes.

Great hire by Bryan Station and good job not just hiring the company man with a good binder in his briefcase and interview.

I agree. Basketball is not rocket science!

But AAU ball is not even close to scholastic basketball. In AAU ball you coach a team. In scholastic ball you coach a team AND serve as a CEO of the entire program.

Coach Hammonds might do a good job of coaching his team but it is yet to be seen if he is a good CEO of the program. I wish him much success.

With the above mentioned philosophy, Sunday school teachers should be hired as school teachers. They are teachers and have a proven resume.

I think it is a great hire. I hope it works out for Bryan Station and Coach Hammonds.

There are a whole whole lot of HS coaches that coach AAU teams during the summer. I don’t know why where a coach is working on his craft during the summer is a concern for folks.

I think it is a great hire. I hope it works out for Bryan Station and Coach Hammonds.

There are a whole whole lot of HS coaches that coach AAU teams during the summer. I don’t know why where a coach is working on his craft during the summer is a concern for folks.

Cause you should just be in your local county high school gym working with the 20% who show up to volunteer workouts and others at the golf course and pool all summer. That’s all a coach should care about making mammy and pappy Little Johnny smart ellick mouth better so they can scream on Tuesday and Fridays during season why my boy not playing over the 20% that did show up, it was off season my boy wanted to be a kid and swim and golf and hang with his friends.

Cause you should just be in your local county high school gym working with the 20% who show up to volunteer workouts and others at the golf course and pool all summer. That’s all a coach should care about making mammy and pappy Little Johnny smart ellick mouth better so they can scream on Tuesday and Fridays during season why my boy not playing over the 20% that did show up, it was off season my boy wanted to be a kid and swim and golf and hang with his friends.

I could be wrong but I don’t think HS coaches are allowed to coach up their kids outside of the June time period they are allowed to be with the team.

I wish Coach Hammond the best. I hope he does well at Bryan Station. BS is a great job.

My point was AAU coaching and scholastic coaching are completely different. Great talent in AAU ball but the coaching does not come close to scholastic coaching.

I had a son participate in both and the quality of coaching for and against in AAU was not close to the coaching he rexperienced at the middle school and high school levels. And “Yes” he was involved with a decent AAU program.

No critiism of Coach Hammond. Strictly stating my opinion!!

I could be wrong but I don’t think HS coaches are allowed to coach up their kids outside of the June time period they are allowed to be with the team.

June 25-July 9 is the only time they are not allowed to coach their team.

October 15 - Last tournament game you can make mandatory, from last tournament game until June 25 is optional for the kid can not make mandatory. July 10 - October 14 is optional for the kid, can not make mandatory.

But there are no restrictions on what a coach can and can’t do, they are allowed to do individuals , team practices for who there etc but can not hold it against a kid for not being there.

June 25-July 9 is the only time they are not allowed to coach their team.

October 15 - Last tournament game you can make mandatory, from last tournament game until June 25 is optional for the kid can not make mandatory. July 10 - October 14 is optional for the kid, can not make mandatory.

But there are no restrictions on what a coach can and can’t do, they are allowed to do individuals , team practices for who there etc but can not hold it against a kid for not being there.

Okay. I was never clear on it. I know how Boyle County does it. I can’t speak for anyone else.

I wish Coach Hammond the best. I hope he does well at Bryan Station. BS is a great job.

My point was AAU coaching and scholastic coaching are completely different. Great talent in AAU ball but the coaching does not come close to scholastic coaching.

I had a son participate in both and the quality of coaching for and against in AAU was not close to the coaching he rexperienced at the middle school and high school levels. And “Yes” he was involved with a decent AAU program.

No critiism of Coach Hammond. Strictly stating my opinion!!

Completely agree. The grind of a school season in completely different from a coach's perspective. First off, their livelihood is on the line every year with coaching contracts being on a 1 year basis. Secondly, scouting, film breakdown, daily practices, balancing of personal issues etc. make the job details completely different from AAU ball.