Open Job: Bryan Station

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fayette County jobs are usually very political. So getting the right person for this position is critical. With the success Coach Johnson experienced I think it will be difficult for the next coach unless Coach Johnson is on board. With Coach Johnson still teaching in the school and having contact with the kids, I believe the hire will need to be somebody he thinks highly of. Station is a great job but it will take the right person.

• 2 weeks later...
@mooremiller31 what is Nimbo's coaching history? I know what he did as a player, but I don't know anything about him as a coach. Where has he been lately?

He is a Bryan Station alumni. Played on some of those good Bobby Washington teams along with Mike Allen. He did play college basketball at George Washington.

As far as coaching. I know he has coached at the middle school level for years in Fayette County and helps run the Charlotte Court AAU program along with O’Reese Ivory. His son, Myles Morones, will be a returning sophomore this season and played a lot of minutes for the Defenders as a freshmen. To my knowledge he has never coached at the high school level as an assistant or head coach.

The Bryan Station community and parents made a strong push for him over the last month or so on social media to get the job.

Best of luck to Coach Hammonds.

This is an interesting hire. Somewhat surprised that they would give this high profile position to somebody with no head coaching experience. Nimbo was a very good player and I believe runs some club teams. But Bryan Station is a much different job than a club program. I’m a big believer that scholastic team are best run by educators. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Best of luck to Nimbo.