If Kaepernick Had Punched....

I think most agree Kaepernick would be on a team for , say, a domestic violence incident instead of a social justice stance. I even get why owners don't want the distraction.

I'm more bothered by what that says about us as a society. We welcome and forgive men who have done some terrible things to another human or put other humans at risk (DUI, for example) yet we are cool with an owner saying no to someone who does nothing more than make a statement.

How low are we willing to lower the bar for a game that America loves? What's the line? Remember, the owners are saying no to Kaepernick because of you and me fearing what our response might be. This isn't on them as much as it's on us. "Yeah, keep Foster because he can fill the A gap but hell no we're not taking a non-violent QB who is good enough to be on a roster if he doesn't stand."

Think about that.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most agree Kaepernick would be on a team for , say, a domestic violence incident instead of a social justice stance. I even get why owners don't want the distraction.

I'm more bothered by what that says about us as a society. We welcome and forgive men who have done some terrible things to another human or put other humans at risk (DUI, for example) yet we are cool with an owner saying no to someone who does nothing more than make a statement.

How low are we willing to lower the bar for a game that America loves? What's the line? Remember, the owners are saying no to Kaepernick because of you and me fearing what our response might be. This isn't on them as much as it's on us. "Yeah, keep Foster because he can fill the A gap but hell no we're not taking a non-violent QB who is good enough to be on a roster if he doesn't stand."

Think about that.

I think if Kaep punched his girlfriend in the head repeatedly, and there was proof he did, he'd be gone based on his talent level alone. Yes, it's wrong to base it on that, but that's what the NFL does.

Think about that.

Except for the fact that plenty of other players who took a knee are still in the league. Olivier Vernon did for the giants and he's still got a job.

Except for the fact that plenty of other players who took a knee are still in the league. Olivier Vernon did for the giants and he's still got a job.

Good point.

Questions for everyone:

1. How many players who knelt are still playing?

2. How many players are still kneeling during the anthem before games?

Good point.

Questions for everyone:

Only game I can remember Jaguars players kneeling was when everyone did. That being said about half the team did.

Photo

kneel.jpg

If Colin Kaepernick did everything he's been doing, but had Russell Wilson's talent, he'd still be in the league starting.

Kaep is good enough talent-wise to be on an NFL roster. Unfortunately for him, the spotlight that comes with employing him is more than what NFL franchises want to deal with with a backup quality QB.

I couldn’t disagree more.

Good point.

Questions for everyone:

1.) A whole lot. But context of the kneeling is important. 98% of the knees taken by NFL players who took a knee were not done for the same reasons as Colin Kaepernick/Eric Reid.

2.) I’m pretty sure there won’t be any more knees taken during the national anthem from now on. I’m thinking Eric Reid was the last and only person to still be taking a knee by the end of the 2017 regular season. I could be wrong though. There may have been one or two others still taking a knee in Week 17.

Just because you have the right to free speech doesn't mean there are no consequences. Teans don't want the controversy. I don't blame them.

Teams disagree with the reasons behind his protest and they fall for that phony patriotism angle behind the knee. If his protest was for a cause that they believed in then I guarantee that he’d be on a team right now as a starting QB.

Teams disagree with the reasons behind his protest and they fall for that phony patriotism angle behind the knee. If his protest was for a cause that they believed in then I guarantee that he’d be on a team right now as a starting QB.

I'll agree he'd be on a team, but not as a starter. Doesn't have the talent to start in the league IMO.

It happens.

Can't agree on everything.

When Kaepernick was injured his talent was never in question. The narrative was that he was hurt and needed to heal. Once his protest became a national story the narrative changed and his talent was called in to question.

I'll agree he'd be on a team, but not as a starter. Doesn't have the talent to start in the league IMO.

He had more talent than half of the starters in the NFL last season. Colin Kaepernick has been more talented than Josh McCown his whole life. Still is.

Well actually, maybe that is the reason the NFL ratings are awful. It is a talentless league. It all makes sense now.

Looking at the QB situations for each team, outside of the Dolphins, and maybe the Cardinals, is there a situation he'd be able to jump in and compete for the job?

Cleveland is drafting a QB. The Jets are drafting a QB. The Bills are drafting a QB. The Bears just drafted a QB. The Chiefs just drafted a QB. The Giants are drafting a QB.