If Kaepernick Had Punched....

He had more talent than half of the starters in the NFL last season.

Couldn't possibly disagree more.

Brady

Big Ben

Flacco

Luck (I know he was hurt, but he the expected starter)

Watson

Mariota

Rivers

Smith

Carr

Eli

Dak

Cousins

Wentz

Ryan

Brees

Winston

Cam

Rodgers

Stafford

Wilson

That's 20 right there that are better than Kaep.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't possibly disagree more.

Brady

Big Ben

Flacco

Luck (I know he was hurt, but he the expected starter)

Watson

Mariota

Rivers

Smith

Carr

Eli

Dak

Cousins

Wentz

Ryan

Brees

Winston

Cam

Rodgers

Stafford

Wilson

That's 20 right there that are better than Kaep.

Debatable but I understand why people think these guys are better/more talented than Kaep. IMO it is debatable amongst these five QBs as to who is better.

Dak

Mariota

Winston

Eli

Carr

Side note: Alex Smith was a mediocre QB his whole career until he found Andy Reid. How is a QB who was as bad as Alex Smith was to begin his career given multiple chances over and over again? Didn’t Kaepernick take his job?

Debatable but I understand why people think these guys are better/more talented than Kaep. IMO it is debatable amongst these five QBs as to who is better.

Dak

Mariota

Winston

Eli

Carr

Side note: Alex Smith was a mediocre QB his whole career until he found Andy Reid. How is a QB who was as bad as Alex Smith was to begin his career given multiple chances over and over again? Didn’t Kaepernick take his job?

Smith was injured, if I recall correctly, when Kaep took over in SF.

I think Eli is the only of those 5 that's debatable, and that's just because he's on the twilight of his career. Hard to argue with 2 SB rings though.

Maybe Kaep would be able to have a change like Smith if he were paired up with a QB guy, but those QB guys are few and far between and they all have their QBs right now.

Seems like he is being pigeonholed and set up to be hated on. The media is in on it now too.

Maybe so, I don't know what the media has done, I haven't followed it closely.

I just know Mora, his HS coach, and teammates have all talked negatively about him. I doubt that's been fabricated by the media, but like I said, I haven't followed it very closely.

Smith was injured, if I recall correctly, when Kaep took over in SF.

I think Eli is the only of those 5 that's debatable, and that's just because he's on the twilight of his career. Hard to argue with 2 SB rings though.

Maybe Kaep would be able to have a change like Smith if he were paired up with a QB guy, but those QB guys are few and far between and they all have their QBs right now.

What are we using to gauge these QBs in comparison with one another? If we are going to bring the Super Bowl into the equation then we have to use the fact that Kaepernick singlehandedly carried the 49ers to a Super Bowl on his back 5 years ago which also happens to be a more recent Super Bowl appearance than Eli.

Maybe so, I don't know what the media has done, I haven't followed it closely.

I just know Mora, his HS coach, and teammates have all talked negatively about him. I doubt that's been fabricated by the media, but like I said, I haven't followed it very closely.

I wouldn’t say fabricated by the media. I would say highlighted by the media. The media picks and chooses what it wants to highlight for whatever reason.

Another side note:

See: non story of Kawhi Leonard crapping all over the Spurs all season long....... Can you imagine what the media would be doing right now if Tom Brady’s doctor said he wasn’t healthy enough to play and Tom didn’t play? Yet Kawhi sat all season and pretty much silence from the media.......

Kaep is better than Ell? :lol2:

In 2017? Absolutely. Eli was benched and had his starting streak ruined and we all watched him cry about it. It wasn’t because he was out on the field kicking butt. It’s because he was out on the field looking butt. :lol2: :lol2:

What are we using to gauge these QBs in comparison with one another? If we are going to bring the Super Bowl into the equation then we have to use the fact that Kaepernick singlehandedly carried the 49ers to a Super Bowl on his back 5 years ago which also happens to be a more recent Super Bowl appearance than Eli.

Additionally, he listed several teams that are either drafting QB's or have just drafted a QB. You're telling me Kaep, who as you pointed out carried the 49ers to the Super Bowl isn't better than those guys?

In 2017? Absolutely. Eli was benched and had his starting streak ruined and we all watched him cry about it. It wasn’t because he was out on the field kicking butt. It’s because he was out on the field looking butt. :lol2: :lol2:

Eli didnt get benched because of his play.

He got benched because Mcadoo is an idiot.

Additionally, he listed several teams that are either drafting QB's or have just drafted a QB. You're telling me Kaep, who as you pointed out carried the 49ers to the Super Bowl isn't better than those guys?

And put Kaep on a team with a good coach who is a QB guy and imagine how much better he could be.....

Kaep's 30.

What makes more sense for a team that needs to develop a QB, going with a 22-23 year old that you can attempt to mold into a franchise QB, or signing a 30 year old QB that hasn't played in almost 2 seasons that is most likely already at the max of their potential?