2018 Fitness Goals

woodsrider

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7th day in a row of running a minimum of a mile. Underestimated the weather. Thought it’s 2:30pm only a little over a mile. 10 minutes in 19F is a bad idea.

I have ran in sub-zero conditions many times, and my general rule is I am not running outside if it takes me longer to warm-up than it does to complete my run.

Keep it up, though, and let us know how it is going with the running :thumb:

I plan on heading to the gym tonight to get back into the swing of things. We'll see how that turns out.

For those of you doing the kettle ball swings, how heavy are you using? I might try those on my off days from the gym.

At my gym the options are 35 pounds, 44 pounds, and 53 pounds (there are ones that are lighter and ones that are heavier, but these are the ones I use). I have a hard time just using my hips and so if the rep scheme is high then I tend to lean 44 or even 35 at times (to lessen the lower back strain); however, if it is workout that calls for a low number of reps (even if sets are high) then I will use the 53. More often than not I use the 44, but remember I am an OLDbird. :D

I plan on heading to the gym tonight to get back into the swing of things. We'll see how that turns out.

For those of you doing the kettle ball swings, how heavy are you using? I might try those on my off days from the gym.

If your gym has a set try some different weights to see what your comfortable with. You can do a ton of different things with KB's (goblet squats, push press, cleans, snatch, farmers carry, deadlifts, list is pretty endless) so if you are thinking about getting some for home I would suggest getting a few different weights. Also with swings the weight will depend on what type of swing you are doing. If you doing American (going vertical overhead) you will want to go a little lighter than if your doing Russian (swinging to eye level).

Thanks for the info. I suppose I’ll try some at the gym before I buy for home.

One other thing... for most crossfit workouts the prescribed weight for a male is 53 and for a female is 35. That might give you some insight too.

Thanks for the info. I suppose I’ll try some at the gym before I buy for home.

If you do decide to buy some let me suggest checking out Rogue Fitness. They have a couple of different lines/brands and hands down one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. The Rogue brand are a little cheaper and a nice kettlebell. I tend to like the Ader brand better. My gym has both and the Ader seems to fit my hands better. I don't have big hands and the handle on the Rogue seems to be a little fatter.

Kettlebells - Strength & Conditioning Equipment - Rogue Fitness