2018 Fitness Goals

woodsrider

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the info. I suppose I’ll try some at the gym before I buy for home.

Before you start messing with them, I would check out a RKC certified gym. That way you are getting proper instruction and not getting hurt. KBs aren’t overly technical, but there is still a lot of technique.

Back is still not right but was able to get back in the gym yesterday and today for some upper body work. Right now my goal is to get ready for the Crossfit Games Open at the end of Feb. I'm not in great shape right now cardio wise so I will need to put in some work to get ready in time.

I’m really trying to focus on my diet for 2018. I’ve always worked out 4-5 times a week with a combo of cardio and weights and stay in pretty solid shape but I’d like to cut some stubborn weight. Cutting alcohol and a lot of carbs has helped a lot so far.

Day 8 was a repeat of Day 1. Shaved 16 minutes off of my time. 3,000 swings down.

Jiu Jitsu and nothing else today, thank the Lord.

Day 10. 500 swings and pull-up reps. Most importantly 10 days without any alcohol! First time in a VERY long time.

Another mile down. Minimum one mike day since January second. My diet coupled with cardio and seriously less beer is telling a big difference. I try to do around 100 ab exvercises a night. I can tell my legs are getting weary from the jogging. Going to add in air squats and lunges starting next week.

Another mile down. Minimum one mike day since January second. My diet coupled with cardio and seriously less beer is telling a big difference. I try to do around 100 ab exvercises a night. I can tell my legs are getting weary from the jogging. Going to add in air squats and lunges starting next week.

Lift weights like a man.

All kidding aside, you burn far more calories lifting weights than you do doing cardio... plus I’ve been told the ladies muscles

Across the same time domain you will burn more calories with cardio. However increasing lean muscle mass will increase your metabolism and allow you to burn more calories overall long term.

Mile a day thing was just to much for my legs. I ran outside tonight and did 1.2 miles in under ten. That’s with snow on the sidewalks. Either my legs weren’t strong enough to do the mile a day or it’s just not good to do. Last ran on Friday and today my legs felt so much better. Going back to running three days a week, lifting two-three days a week and ab excercises almost every day/night

Back is starting to feel better. Going to Crossfit today for the first time in a week and half. Will have to scale and modify for the rest of this week and hopefully get back to the prescribed workouts next week.

Did you see 18.0? I wouldn't mind doing that one as part of open.