Everything posted by Collar7
-
Cooper 42 Newport Central Catholic 34
This really surprised me. @henry any comment on the defense? I wasn’t at the game
-
Highlands/Campbell County Updates
You should sign up
-
2A #6 Newport Central Catholic at 6A Cooper
I would anticipate Coach Meadows will have a similar plan in place that Coach Weinrich did last week to control the speedy QB. You do that, and IMO you win the game. I’ll take the guys on the hill.
-
Frederick Douglass
I 100% respect the right of personal choice but open enrollment kills some schools. All you have to do is look at NKY at in Kenton Co. Scott and Dixie are suffering at the hands of open enrollment. I worry that BS and HC in Lexington would suffer under open enrollment... just my two cents. Sorry if I got us off topic.
-
Is lack of QB development an issue at Ryle?
You can’t possibly be serious? Development of a player by a coach is why you see players go from a nobody as a freshman or sophomore and into a player as a junior or senior. Does maturity/physically growing have some to do with that? Yes. But to say that position coaches don’t develop players is absolutely absurd. I don’t care how good or physically gifted you are, you need development to be successful. All you have to do is look at guys who were the best middle schools players or freshman players or high school players that were not successful because all they did was rely on their given talent.
-
Manual - QB Situation and JV Cancellation
Can anyone tell us how many players Manual has on their roster?
-
Highlands 62 Cooper 0 (JV)
In business would you slow down if you’re making a lot of money? Would you tell your investors “it’s just too easy, we’re going to slow down so the competition can feel good about themselves”? People for the last few years have piled on hhs whenever they had the opportunity. Now, they show some true signs of getting back to themselves, and the haters come saying they’re classless... damned if they do, damned it they don’t.
-
Highlands 62 Cooper 0 (JV)
He played a handful of plays on Friday. He played only a handful of plays on Monday. What do you want the staff to do? He just came back from an injury not too long ago and needs reps. And your guess about having plenty of backs is wrong, the only sophomore RB is Buten. Mason South, who was a RB is playing all defense. The other RB last night was Boling. I guess me expecting adults to know what they’re talking about before they attack a young man and a staff they should know more. Silly me.
-
5A #5 Highlands vs. 6A Cooper
The last few games Cooper has played a 3 man front against HHS. It wouldn’t surprise me to see that again. Looked more like a 3-4 with their safeties coming down hill very hard and making plays at or near the LOS. Just something for those at the game to look for.
-
Newport Central Catholic all time rushing leader
Yes. Back when NCC was playing in the GCL, and doing quite well I might add, there were a lot of guys splitting carries that could have been on this list.
-
Newport Central Catholic all time rushing leader
I don’t know who I was thinking of then. Way off haha
-
Newport Central Catholic all time rushing leader
Did Everson play for University of Florida?
-
Ballard 19 Highlands 14 (Scrimmage)
It’s not an unusual thing for scrimmages to be played on Thursday. Plus doesn’t CCH scrimmage on Friday? Wouldn’t surprise me if the staff wants to practice Friday then go to CCH.
-
Ryle 21 Cooper 14 (Scrimmage)
Uhh ya think?
-
Ballard 19 Highlands 14 (Scrimmage)
Totally agree. Don’t be surprised to see a lot of sophomore Sam Vinson, he’s a special athlete that just makes plays. You also have some possession like guys like Weyer and Deshler... when I saw possession it’s definitely not an insult; those dudes get it done in all phases, and will make HHS have crazy potential on offense. I was able to make it to a practice late last week and saw Jason Noe was back at QB. Don’t be surprised if he’s your guy at HHS after Cramer (don’t want to offend OscarMeyer By spelling it wrong.. eye roll)
-
My 2018 Preliminary schedule
There are usually a lot of Saturday games for Cincy schools throughout the year.
-
A list of some of the most memorable Highlands football games
He was a 3 year starter. He was a freak. So hard to tackle and if he got any space to work with there was a good chance he was gone. His highlight tape is absurd.
-
A list of some of the most memorable Highlands football games
Yes that was special. Simple defensive tweaks at half really changed things.
-
A list of some of the most memorable Highlands football games
HHS vs TrotWood Madison (OH). TrotWood would send 7+ players that year to major D1 programs and HHS beat them 24-20 at Nippert (and should have been a wider margin if it were not for fumbles). Major coming out parties for sophomores Austin Collinsworth and Brandon Roller that were awesome additions to an incredible senior class that year. I truly believe that game and that senior class put the program on the path to the 7 straight titles.
-
Dixie Heights 2018
I was under the impression that Hergott was pretty much in a position that it was his job to lose. Is that not that case? Not trying to ruffle feathers or anything, I just got that impression.
-
Highlands 2018
I would imagine he will be used in a variety of ways; Ahlfeld too. I do know that Brycen only took reps at RB during the 7v7 on offense but played a ton of LB and S.
-
2018 Girls Soccer NKY Preview
STPB would you mind adding some names to your post? I like to follow the box scores and things like that. If you’re not comfortable putting it out, I’m good with PMs. Thanks in advance.
-
Highlands 2018
Anyone at the 7v7 with updates?
-
Highlands 2018
Huber is a junior OL player that will probably compete for a starting position. Buten is the sophomore RB that will probably get a lot of varsity snaps if healthy
-
9th Region...Who ya got?
Nothing wrong with that at all. Enjoy it!