A list of some of the most memorable Highlands football games

jbwill2

I would like to hear what BGPers think are some of the most memorable/important Highlands football games in the program's history. The games don't have to be wins (for instance, the 1997 Mud Bowl against CCH). Please explain why the games you choose are important.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go with the loss to Boyle County for the 2003 state title. Highlands has always had a good football team, but I believe that this loss was the one that really placed the bar where it is now in comparison to that time and before. With the way the program is now and with the way it may be in the future, I believe that loss to the Rebels really helped elevate the Highlands program to where it is now.

I would like to hear what BGPers think are some of the most memorable/important Highlands football games in the program's history. The games don't have to be wins (for instance, the 1997 Mud Bowl against CCH). Please explain why the games you choose are important.

Conner vs. Highlands 1993

The Birds lose in overtime in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

This loss ended the Duffy era .... And paved the way for it's current state (funny how Conner has had a hand in a few major Bluebird milestones).

This loss ended the Duffy era .... And paved the way for it's current state (funny how Conner has had a hand in a few major Bluebird milestones).

Yes they did. They can claim they had a hand in arguably the best and worse eras of Highlands football.

I remember that game very well. George Duvall was the runningback for Conner and may be one of the best runningbacks they ever had or will have. I remember that they ended up losing to Cov Cath, but if I remember right, it was a pretty close game. That season was likely one of Conner's best ever that I am aware of.

I remember that game very well. George Duvall was the runningback for Conner and may be one of the best runningbacks they ever had or will have. I remember that they ended up losing to Cov Cath, but if I remember right, it was a pretty close game. That season was likely one of Conner's best ever that I am aware of.

Very good team but their best team would have to be their 1983 state championship team that stopped Highlands from back to back to back.

Very good team but their best team would have to be their 1983 state championship team that stopped Highlands from back to back to back.

Didn't know that the Cougars won a title then, I was six years old at that time and always lived in the Campbell County. Is that Conner's only state title or did they win any other times?

Didn't know that the Cougars won a title then, I was six years old at that time and always lived in the Campbell County. Is that Conner's only state title or did they win any other times?

I believe this is their only title and Highlands was undefeated going into the game trying to win their 3rd state title. According to highlands-bluebirds.com, Conner has beaten Highlands twice: 1983 and 1993.