A list of some of the most memorable Highlands football games

jbwill2

Yes the '72 win over X was great. Really worked for the shut-out. I think '72 season ended in a close home loss to Bryan Station - a slugfest. Some great playoff games with BS in that era, particularly a win in Lex in '68. The win by a FG on the half dry - half soaked field at Bell ranks near the top, as does the come-from-behind title win over Hoptown.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year when Ryle beat Highlands on Foxsports upset of the year.

Really ? I thought that you were predicting the outcome of this game all season long , way before the game was actually played. If so , then was it really an upset ? Take your time and think about it for a while , before you reply. :D

Really ? I thought that you were predicting the outcome of this game all season long , way before the game was actually played. If so , then was it really an upset ? Take your time and think about it for a while , before you reply. :D

So it's not an upset if it was predicted?

Deep.

I thought Highlands would beat Ryle so in my eyes it was an upset!

• 6 years later...

HHS vs TrotWood Madison (OH). TrotWood would send 7+ players that year to major D1 programs and HHS beat them 24-20 at Nippert (and should have been a wider margin if it were not for fumbles). Major coming out parties for sophomores Austin Collinsworth and Brandon Roller that were awesome additions to an incredible senior class that year. I truly believe that game and that senior class put the program on the path to the 7 straight titles.

In no particular order:

Trotwood Madison

Cincinnati St. X (Nationally ranked)

Christopher Columbus (Florida 8A runner up)

Many of the HHS vs CCH games.

These are two are my top two games except I would reverse the order. Then I would say the Bell county game in 04 and the 06 regular season CCH matchup even though we lost it was a great game and then 09 regular season game at CCH I think the birds defense held CCH offense to single digit yards for the game.

Great old school flick.

Would you by chance have a film on Covington Catholic vs. Danville in the 1984 Regional Final?

Unfortunately, we don't. We've been digging around trying to find ANY game films out there...and we even offer to do the digital transfer of any/all videos at no cost, but we have virtually nothing pre-1990s. I am, coincidentally, meeting someone this weekend to pick up his collection of films of the entire Cov Cath 1981 season, along with a couple of films from the 1980 season, but otherwise, we have extremely little pre-1990.