A list of some of the most memorable Highlands football games

jbwill2

The enthusiasm by both teams in this game was crazy. Lineman giving each other high fives after a great play, I haven't seen that in a while.

Most everyone I've talked to on the Cov Cath side of things agrees that, while there was always a decent rivalry between Cov Cath and Highlands due to the fact that they have been in the same district for the entire 51 year history of the Covington Catholic football program's existence, it was this playoff game in 1982 that really MADE the rivalry what it is.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most everyone I've talked to on the Cov Cath side of things agrees that, while there was always a decent rivalry between Cov Cath and Highlands due to the fact that they have been in the same district for the entire 51 year history of the Covington Catholic football program's existence, it was this playoff game in 1982 that really MADE the rivalry what it is.

I could see that from the intensity of the players, the crowd and the stakes on the line.

71-69 Highlands over Warren Central. Highlands was twice with the ball with the chance to run clock Warren Central and could never punch it in. Second half, Warren Central comes storming back. Not for sure, game lasted close to 3.5 hrs, and is in the record books as one of the top offensive performances combined in the state!

The Birds monster comeback in the 2014 finals.

Dude, I remember that game well. I was there to watch Dixie play afterward. I remember My wife, who I was only dating at the time, saying something along the lines of “I thought you said they were going to win.”

I remember telling her they were going to still win. One of the few times I was right and she was wrong lol

Wasnt there a Highlands @ Cov Cath game maybe 2002-2004 where Highlands won by a last second hail mary? I want to say the WR was a Petraco? Those were my years between playing and moving back to the area when I didn't pay attention to it.

71-69 Highlands over Warren Central. Highlands was twice with the ball with the chance to run clock Warren Central and could never punch it in. Second half, Warren Central comes storming back. Not for sure, game lasted close to 3.5 hrs, and is in the record books as one of the top offensive performances combined in the state!

I was at that game it was something to see.

Wasnt there a Highlands @ Cov Cath game maybe 2002-2004 where Highlands won by a last second hail mary? I want to say the WR was a Petraco? Those were my years between playing and moving back to the area when I didn't pay attention to it.

Yeah it was the 2005 game at CCH.

Yeah it was the 2005 game at CCH.

So was it the regular season game or the playoff game that ended with the Hail Mary?

Who was the QB that threw the pass?

So was it the regular season game or the playoff game that ended with the Hail Mary?

Who was the QB that threw the pass?

Pretty sure the QB was chase cecil. There used to be a video of it on youtube but I can't find it anymore. I am not positive if that was playoffs but I think it might've been.

Just looked at the KHSAA for 2005, it was the regular season game. That was the year Lex Cath had that really good QB that beat Highlands, Cov Cath and Bowling Green in the playoffs to win state. That was RB Jordan Kramer and TE Ben Guidugli's senior year.

Just looked at the KHSAA for 2005, it was the regular season game. That was the year Lex Cath had that really good QB that beat Highlands, Cov Cath and Bowling Green in the playoffs to win state. That was RB Jordan Kramer and TE Ben Guidugli's senior year.

That was Jordan Kramer's Junior year. But Yes it was Ben Guidugli's senior year.