Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ballard 19 Highlands 14 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 103
  • Views 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No score or win/loss prediction about a scrimmage coming from me, but

 

I will predict that HHS will get a lot more out of this scrimmage than they have gotten from scrimmaging Cincy St X the last few years.

When/ where/ what time?

@ Ballard Thursday night.

  • Author
@ Ballard Thursday night.

 

Why are they playing Thursday night?

Why are they playing Thursday night?

 

No idea.

Ballards E. Downing will have a big day if the secondary situation looks the way it did against Anderson. Also Ballards linebacker Casey is a great run stopper. My opinion though Kramer has a great day for Highlands , we will see Huddleston and Alfield carrying the "O". I think those sophomores could help that secondary.

I Look for highlands to do a lot of different personnel packages.. there is a ton of talent on this team and many can play in different spots. They need to use this time to see what pieces fit best in live action.

It will be nice to see how the O and D lines do against 6A competition. I think Grady will be sharper now that he has been back for a few weeks. It will be nice to see the 2 headed monster of Schwalbach and Huddy in action at RB. Add in Ahlfeld and Roberts on the outside with the FREAK(Sisson) at tight end and this team has the ability to put up a lot of points.

 

It's been a few years since Highlands has had 3 kids with "HR" capabilities in Huddy, Ahlfeld and Coop that can all score at any given time. It's also been a while since they've had a legit 6'4+ big bodied TE that can catch. I'm looking forward to seeing the boys progress over the next few weeks/months.

It will be nice to see how the O and D lines do against 6A competition. I think Grady will be sharper now that he has been back for a few weeks. It will be nice to see the 2 headed monster of Schwalbach and Huddy in action at RB. Add in Ahlfeld and Roberts on the outside with the FREAK(Sisson) at tight end and this team has the ability to put up a lot of points.

 

It's been a few years since Highlands has had 3 kids with "HR" capabilities in Huddy, Ahlfeld and Coop that can all score at any given time. It's also been a while since they've had a legit 6'4+ big bodied TE that can catch. I'm looking forward to seeing the boys progress over the next few weeks/months.

 

Totally agree. Don’t be surprised to see a lot of sophomore Sam Vinson, he’s a special athlete that just makes plays. You also have some possession like guys like Weyer and Deshler... when I saw possession it’s definitely not an insult; those dudes get it done in all phases, and will make HHS have crazy potential on offense.

 

I was able to make it to a practice late last week and saw Jason Noe was back at QB. Don’t be surprised if he’s your guy at HHS after Cramer (don’t want to offend OscarMeyer By spelling it wrong.. eye roll)

Totally agree. Don’t be surprised to see a lot of sophomore Sam Vinson, he’s a special athlete that just makes plays. You also have some possession like guys like Weyer and Deshler... when I saw possession it’s definitely not an insult; those dudes get it done in all phases, and will make HHS have crazy potential on offense.

 

I was able to make it to a practice late last week and saw Jason Noe was back at QB. Don’t be surprised if he’s your guy at HHS after Cramer (don’t want to offend OscarMeyer By spelling it wrong.. eye roll)

 

I'm going to try to get down there early so I can see some of the JV kids play too. Do you know what time they are going to play? I heard 6ish? Are they spliting the field with Frosh too? Do we know how long they are supposed to play?

I was told that the scrimmage starts at 6:00 PM on Thursday and the first session will be the frosh and JV kids going half field. The varsity squads will then scrimmage after that. Total time allowed for a scrimmage I believe is 3 hours. Also being told that if it rains on Thursday in Louisville, the game may be moved to Fort Thomas and played on Friday evening at 6:00 PM. This is because Ballard has a grass field and obviously does not want to tear it up for scrimmage games.

I was told that the scrimmage starts at 6:00 PM on Thursday and the first session will be the frosh and JV kids going half field. The varsity squads will then scrimmage after that. Total time allowed for a scrimmage I believe is 3 hours. Also being told that if it rains on Thursday in Louisville, the game may be moved to Fort Thomas and played on Friday evening at 6:00 PM. This is because Ballard has a grass field and obviously does not want to tear it up for scrimmage games.

 

Hopefully this is the case, I would like to make it to the scrimmage.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.