Beechwood vs. Holy Cross predictions

linecoach63

Actually the SK transfers have nothing to do with this. The receiver had family issues and was forced to move in with his Aunt and Uncle that lived in the SK district, he didn't want to leave but rather had to. Also the running back switched for other reasons besides football, and I'm not positive but I believe he lives in SK's district.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you brought up getting players, I asked the ? earlier but got no answer and since you know a lot about HC, what will they do when the kids from across the river have graduated. I have been told there will be no more tuition students/athletes admitted and I think this is the last class to come thru HC from across the river.

!

What exactly is a "tuition student/athlete?" Aren't they all?

Secondly, I do not believe there is anything in place at HC (nor any Catholic school in NKY) that prevents OH kids from particpating in sports. If an OH kid wants to come to HC and pays tuition like everyone else, he or she will continue to be part of the HC program. As Sportsfan34 pointed out, what is different about a kid that crosses the river than an NKY kid from another NKY district?

OOOOK, just like the insident a couple yrs ago when The Mitchell's moved to Ft. Thomas.

This isn't the subject of the thread, I was making a point that don't condem HC for what EVER high school does to beat the system and get better athletes. It happens and we have to live with it.

No, I understand that schools all over are getting kids outside of their district and it has been going on forever. I was just saying that the receiver simply had to and didn't want to, but the transfer of the back could be argued in this. You just simply can't put SK on the same level as the schools mentioned because they are bringing in a lot of kids every year.

I'll ask the same question, What will BHS do about getting athletes outside their district? And if you say they don't, your blind. I know may athletes that went to BHS that did not live in Ft. Michell. Living out of district is living out of district, even if it is across the river. I believe NCC has a player that lives in Taylor Mill, that's HC district. I believe BHS QB lives in Boone County. BHS does it, CCH does it, NCC does it, Simon Kenton does it. Do you think SK got 2 starters that transfered in by coinsidence? Don't think so.

Its funny all these teams people mentioned in bringing players in from outside of the district are usually the better teams. Beechwood, CovCath, NCC, Holy Cross gets players from everywhere. These teams always get recognized for how good they are, but all these teams as people mention usually get some or alot of key players from outside the district. Its no wonder we always see the same teams year in and year out winning these districts in football, because its alot easier to compete when you keep getting good players in, instead of losing your good players like some schools have to do. I would like to see how alot of these teams would do if they only had for the most part people from their own district...

Its funny all these teams people mentioned in bringing players in from outside of the district are usually the better teams. Beechwood, CovCath, NCC, Holy Cross gets players from everywhere. These teams always get recognized for how good they are, but all these teams as people mention usually get some or alot of key players from outside the district. Its no wonder we always see the same teams year in and year out winning these districts in football, because its alot easier to compete when you keep getting good players in, instead of losing your good players like some schools have to do. I would like to see how alot of these teams would do if they only had for the most part people from their own district...

You would be surprised that there really isn't all that many kids. There was one player on NCC's state championship team that did not reside in Campbell County and that player's family is a member and attends an NCC parish and grade school.

I don't think you would find all that many at CovCath or Beechwood either.

You would be surprised that there really isn't all that many kids. There was one player on NCC's state championship team that did not reside in Campbell County and that player's family is a member and attends an NCC parish and grade school.

I don't think you would find all that many at CovCath or Beechwood either.

:thumb: Well you may be right, because I really dont know for sure, I just going by what other people have said. But you may be right that most of the players did end up living in that area, but there are alot more than just a couple like you said that just ended up moving in the area, or changed there address to a relative in that area so they could play at those schools. I know at Ludlow we have helped are fair share of schools out by giving other schools some of our best players who grown up in Ludlow. Or parents who teach at some schools but send their kids to other schools. Just like Im sure the same stuff happens at other schools like Bellevue, Dayton, Scott, etc. So Im just saying that if most of these kids stayed at the schools where they actually grown up in, that some of these schools wouldn't be as good as they are now, and some other schools would be better because they wouldn't be losing their own kids...My point is that when you talk about all these successful programs, these programs are the programs that we also talk about when it comes to people transfering into these schools. So I would want to see what they would be like if they didn't get all these kids coming into there schools, and only had the kids that grown up in that area...

But back to being on topic, I still think Beechwood would win this game by a pretty comfortable margin

Beechwood 31

Holy Cross 13

What exactly is a "tuition student/athlete?" Aren't they all?

Secondly, I do not believe there is anything in place at HC (nor any Catholic school in NKY) that prevents OH kids from particpating in sports. If an OH kid wants to come to HC and pays tuition like everyone else, he or she will continue to be part of the HC program. As Sportsfan34 pointed out, what is different about a kid that crosses the river than an NKY kid from another NKY district?

thank u most people don't realize that all of the kids for hc pay their own tuition...their fullback who is from cincy missed the whole preseason due to his tuition not being paid so......stop saying that they are on scholarships when really they pay their own money to attend!