Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood vs. Holy Cross predictions

Featured Replies

Who says HC only has 4 ahtletes (you) :rolleyes:. If that's what you think, that's OK. I believe HC has a good QB, 2 speedy HB, 2 huge FB, 1 6'5" TE, 2 WR 6"4" or better that are lighting fast, a huge OL, and a tremendous DL and not to mention the secondary.

I will give recedit where credit is due. The Beechies have a quick QB, a shifty RB, and a good WR, but besides that, I haven't seen much.

If I'm wrong, I have broad shoulders, I'll eat crow.

I just like hipe and the controversy, it make for a exciting game. Besides, one of us will be on here having to eat crow.

If HC has all this talent, and their all HUGE and LIGHTNING FAST, it wouldn't even be a game. Heck, it wouldn't be a game if they played a team of All Stars from Beechwood, Covcath and HHS. Get real, there is not even a team in the state with that much talent, let alone little old 1A HC. They have some talent no doubt, but there is probably not so much as a single D1 player on the team. I wish both teams good luck, but as I've stated before, To Be The Man, You Have Got To Beat The Man. HC won't be the man this year, but I'm not sure Beechwood is either at this point. With that said I'm going to say Beechwood wins 28-17:D

  • Replies 140
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

futurecoach, believe it or not I am a very well educated person and did learn to read. My "too much talent" comment was geared towards Sportsfan not you. I understand fully that you are w/me and agree that BHS will win this one.

 

HC can't hold BHS to 14 pts. Beechwood will have the ball flying thru the air and all of a sudden here comes the run-away freight train, Tommy "bambam" Bankemper.

 

Beechwood wins again!!

 

I don't doubt you are a very educated man, but it obviously is not in the game of football. No one has been very successful running the ball against HC except SK. And those little hook routes that BHS run with that out side go route don't fool anyone. Besides if you pay close attention to their offense is very close to HC. I think the HC defense turns "bambam" into "pebbles".

I don't doubt you are a very educated man, but it obviously is not in the game of football. No one has been very successful running the ball against HC except SK. And those little hook routes that BHS run with that out side go route don't fool anyone. Besides if you pay close attention to their offense is very close to HC. I think the HC defense turns "bambam" into "pebbles".

 

 

SK's running attack didn't fool anyone, and look what happened there. The "fooling" of a high school team doesn't matter because high schoolers don't over analyze anything. All that matters is that the plays produce positive yards.

I think the HC defense turns "bambam" into "pebbles".

 

Is this what some might refer to as "bulletin board material?"

You can guarantee these quotes will make the bulletin board. OldCoach, I don't usually rip others on this board but you leave me no choice w/your comments. I probably have forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

 

If those little hook routes and outside go routes don't fool anyone then how come they always work? If SK's running attack worked against HC I am sure BHS's will and then throw in the passing game, what's HC gonna do when the Red Crush comes after them.

 

I just hope all the HC fans get the game they are expecting because if they don't they will have to close school for week or so due to depression. This is, due to all the hype the community is putting on this game, the biggest game in HC history. Good luck!

 

Weasel91, I agree. Beat us and then run the mouth but until then all should keep quiet.

I don't doubt you are a very educated man, but it obviously is not in the game of football. No one has been very successful running the ball against HC except SK. And those little hook routes that BHS run with that out side go route don't fool anyone. Besides if you pay close attention to their offense is very close to HC. I think the HC defense turns "bambam" into "pebbles".

 

 

You are so blindly affiliated with Holy Cross that you cannot see both sides of the game, nor can you accept the fact that Holy Cross can ever lose. You need to learn to be more objective in your posts instead of riping others who have different, and more educated views than you do. Yes Holy Cross has a decent squad this year, but Beechwood is Beechwood. This game could go either way, and there is no clear cut winner here.

 

Please please act like you have seen a game of football before you keep posting such ridiculous comments like these. You, sir, are a joke.

Perhaps this thread was started a little early. Lets face it, two teams with great heart and desire. Let the best men win:fight:

 

Go TIGERS!

You are so blindly affiliated with Holy Cross that you cannot see both sides of the game, nor can you accept the fact that Holy Cross can ever lose. You need to learn to be more objective in your posts instead of riping others who have different, and more educated views than you do. Yes Holy Cross has a decent squad this year, but Beechwood is Beechwood. This game could go either way, and there is no clear cut winner here.

 

Please please act like you have seen a game of football before you keep posting such ridiculous comments like these. You, sir, are a joke.

 

I shot 3ptshooter a e-mail of how it's nice to hype up the game and it's all in good fun. Naturally I want HC to win, but if they don't, the sun is still going to come up in the morning and I'm still going to put my pants on the same way. It's not the end of the world.

 

If HC or Beechies lose, they just have to go back and come up with a different game plan and take the tough route through the playoffs. Instead of being 1 seed they are 2 and have to play NCC, not the end of the season. Each team has beaten them once and should take care of business again.

 

HC & Beechies are both very good teams this year and yes, this is the biggest game in HC short Ftball program. They're playing for something and HC hasn't had ftball for 60 yrs. This yr is exciting for the HC community and maybe they can't act like they have been there before, because they haven't.

 

But the comment "but Beechwood is Beechwood". Just because people hear the Beechwood name are they suppose to be impressed and assume they're going to win? Everyone knows 1A is usually the weakest division and the Beechies stays in it to Dominate. Well known throughout the state. That's why they didn't move up.(Ha, got a rise out of ya didn't I?:D ) No, seriously, Beechies have a good team and so does HC and I wish both teams good luck.

 

It's just that you read on here that noooooo one is giving HC a chance. I can guarantee none of the people has even seen HC play and just going on what they hear.........1st rule, don't believe what you hear and half of what you see.

 

Again, both teams the best of luck. Beechies, stay healthy this week, don't want excuses.

As much as I hate to agree w/SportsFan I have to one thing, this is all in fun and it is about the kids not us adults. We have been joking back and forth but I have not taken anything personal except when my education of football was brought up, anyway.

 

As for 1A being the weakest class, wrong. In the past, there have been plenty of 1A schools who would have won 2A. Why should Beechwood move up in class. They rank 195 out of 221 schools for the number of boys in the school. I think that is justification to stay in 1A.

 

HC is 10x better this yr and in a week NKY will see just how good they are and they will be able to prove they are for real or NOT!

 

Beechwood still wins!!

But the comment "but Beechwood is Beechwood". Just because people hear the Beechwood name are they suppose to be impressed and assume they're going to win? Everyone knows 1A is usually the weakest division and the Beechies stays in it to Dominate. Well known throughout the state. That's why they didn't move up.(Ha, got a rise out of ya didn't I?:D ) No, seriously, Beechies have a good team and so does HC and I wish both teams good luck.

 

 

Well the fact is that Beechwood is a typical Beechwood team and will not be easy to be beaten, but like I said there can be no assumption of a winner in this game.

 

But besides all that stuff, I pick HC by 3:thumb:

As much as I hate to agree w/SportsFan I have to one thing, this is all in fun and it is about the kids not us adults. We have been joking back and forth but I have not taken anything personal except when my education of football was brought up, anyway.

 

As for 1A being the weakest class, wrong. In the past, there have been plenty of 1A schools who would have won 2A. Why should Beechwood move up in class. They rank 195 out of 221 schools for the number of boys in the school. I think that is justification to stay in 1A.

 

HC is 10x better this yr and in a week NKY will see just how good they are and they will be able to prove they are for real or NOT!

 

Beechwood still wins!!

I have to agree with you regarding 1A being weak. It is anything but that. As for Beechwood moving up, if they meet enrollment for class A then thats where they should be. As much as I get tired of losing to them I also accept the challenge of playing them year in and year out. We will continue to battle Beechwood and one of these days you just never know.

But the comment "but Beechwood is Beechwood". Just because people hear the Beechwood name are they suppose to be impressed and assume they're going to win? Everyone knows 1A is usually the weakest division and the Beechies stays in it to Dominate. Well known throughout the state. That's why they didn't move up.(Ha, got a rise out of ya didn't I?:D ) No, seriously, Beechies have a good team and so does HC and I wish both teams good luck.

 

 

Boys, boys, don't get your jocks in a bunch. 1A is very competitive. I was just making the thread more interesting. But, If other want to continue to comment......OK. :D

Keep coming after us pnthr4life!! We enjoy the rivalry also. I had some very close friends play for Ludlow, one of your best, Jimmy Lokesak.

 

If HC or Beechies lose, they just have to go back and come up with a different game plan and take the tough route through the playoffs. Instead of being 1 seed they are 2 and have to play NCC, not the end of the season. Each team has beaten them once and should take care of business again.

 

.

 

 

Newcath will win if they play Hc again.

 

Im still staying Beechwood by atleast two td's.

Newcath will win if they play Hc again.

 

Im still staying Beechwood by atleast two td's.

 

OOOOOOk, Agent, I'll play your game.......Newcath will win:rolleyes:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.