Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood vs. Holy Cross predictions

Featured Replies

everyone seems to have an opinion and the game is still 2 weeks away but here so people will stop using other threads!!!

  • Replies 140
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood regains the District title. HC is much improved but still not able to beat Beechwood. They have a good RB/QB and WR but this is not enough, BHS by 20.

Had this game taken place before HC beat NCC, I would give HC a better chance because of the surprise factor, but they are out and in the open now and I still look for this to be a battle. I still don't see the Indians being able to pull it out. Beechwood wins 34-31

Beechwood wouldn't have been surprised. They know HC has improved and would not have taken them lightly. They play every game w/the same inthusiasm.

Beechwood by at least 21. I know HC is alot better now but still dont think they can hang with Beechwood.

I'll give BHS it's props, it has "GREAT TRADITION" and lives on that. This year they have a good team, not a great team. 1 of 3 teams has a chance to advance far in the tourny. Them being BHS, NCC, and HC. My prediction is that HC will beat BHS and get the #1 seed, then BHS and NCC can fight it out in the 1st round of the tourny. If BHS wins the #1 seed, HC will have to take care of business again. Then come back and beat BHS.

Rumor has it that HC beat NCC by a fluke, no fluke, HC has a very good team. Someone says they only have a good QB/RB/WR, no they have 2 good RB, 2 good FB, 3 good WR, 1 good TE, and a massive OL and not to mention the DL. They stopped NCC RB which is a very good RB and can stop any team that has only a RB. HC, NCC, and BHS has played the same district games and each one beat the opposing team by the same margin. Give credit where credit is due. It will be a good game, but not BHS by 20, 25, 21, let's say HC by 7.

Close game, but I'll Beeechwood the home field advantage.

Close game, but I'll Beeechwood the home field advantage.

Close game, but I'll take Beechwood and the home field advantage.

Beechwood regains the District title. HC is much improved but still not able to beat Beechwood. They have a good RB/QB and WR but this is not enough, BHS by 20.

 

HC also has a very strong O-line and has some depth at the skill positions.

 

Beechwood will be the favorite and deservedly so.

Naturally, I am going to pick Beechwood. However, Holy Cross is very hungry for it. I hope that the Tigers have the proper respect for the Indians, and do not go into the game overconfident.

 

By game time, our Tigers should all be healthy again and ready to roll.

 

Beechwood 28

Holy Cross 17

I think both teams will be a little stale from having basically two weeks off.

 

I look for Beechwood to concentrate on stopping HC on first down and putting them in unfavorable down and distance. That could lead to some turnovers. Holy Cross of course will want to run the ball and keep the clock moving.

 

I look for Beechwood to mix the run and pass as the passing game seems to be much improved with high percentage pass attempts being the key. Might not be much vertical passing but enough to keep HC out of the box. The key for Holy Cross is to pass when they want to not when they have to.

 

Both teams have kickers capable of FGs and reaching the endzone on kickoffs.

Edge to Beechwood in the return and punting game.

 

I do not forsee Beechwood allowing more than two scores at home so the pressure is on the HC defense to keep this one low scoring. HC should want a low scoring game, as the more points scored the better for Beechwood.

 

I'll take the Tigers at home with the #1 seed and home field on the line by 14 or more.

Beechwood will be at full force by HC. Mitts will return 100% as will Hoffman.

 

HC's OL is very big but very slow. This could hurt them against a quicker DL.

 

They may have depth at the skilled positions but the games I have seen they don't use them. They throw consistantly to the 6'6" WR, they run Penny and occ. give the ball to the big FB. I don't think the FB will hurt BHS, Penny will break one!

 

Obviously, I take BHS in this match up and No changing of the guard this yr!

 

All Play, you sound like a scout. Good post!!

Beechwood 21-7.

I've seen BHS play a number of times this year. When you stop the run BHS RB will fumble the ball and the QB will throw INT.. So, if anyone has watched BHS this yr., you have to agree. HC makes it's mistakes too, but seem to overcome them.

 

Beechwood is only favored because of the tradition, not because they are that much better. A name can only take you so far.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.