Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will get to #17 first???

Featured Replies

Which team, Trinity or Highlands, will win state title number 17 first, and why???

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say I'd expect Highlands to get it first, simply because the other two members of the Big 3 will make things difficult for Trinity. Not to say it would surprise me to see Trinity get it.

I'd have to say I'd expect Highlands to get it first, simply because the other two members of the Big 3 will make things difficult for Trinity. Not to say it would surprise me to see Trinity get it.

 

 

I agree I think there is less teams that can challenge Highlands for a state title, if Male and X were in Highlands class, I would go with Trinity.

 

Both are great!!

No doubt these two great football programs are two of the best in the State year in and year out. Both of them have to go though some tough games not only to win State, but just to get there. It's really hard to say which one will win no. 17 first.If I had to pick one, it be Highlands, but again it's a tough choice.

It all depends on which game is played first this year. :walk:

 

It wouldn't surprise me if both did it this year, but if I had to pick one over the other I would say HHS might do it first simply because of the Big 3 Roadblock.

 

If we make it past that then there is a good chance my first comment bears true. :D

If it happens this year, I would favor T. Their road to the championship has fewer impediments than Highlands. The first formidable foe Trinity may face in the playoffs would be X or Male in round three,. It appears now that either X or Male will eliminate the other in round two, if they survive the first round, which at this time appears to be games against Manual and PRP. The best team does not always win state; often the champion is the squad with the most favorable playoff schedule.

The best team does not always win state; often the champion is the squad with the most favorable playoff schedule.

 

Haven't I heard this somewhere.....

 

Oh yeah.... "last game".:lol:

^ That's only because we play juniors on JV.....

 

 

 

For what it's worth, I think that HHS may have the better road to hoe this season.

Highlands got to 16 first so they will probably get 17 first also. Has Trinity ever been ahead of Highlands in number of state titles? I think they have but can't remember the years.

LSURock] Haven't I heard this somewhere.....

 

Oh yeah.... "last game".:lol:

 

RockPride^ That's only because we play juniors on JV.....

 

Relax fellas. Not every comment is directed toward you or your school. Copernicus discovered that the sun does not revolve around the earth. Likewise, the universe does not revolve around T. I actually had in mind on that particular comment the 1999 X Tigers. I thought Henry Clay was the better team that year, but T knocked them off early in the playoffs. However, if you think the shoe fits....:D

Who did Copernicus play for? It sounds like he was pretty smart. Must have been one of those "academic schools" (attributed to Milt Wagner, circa 1985).

Who did Copernicus play for? It sounds like he was pretty smart. Must have been one of those "academic schools" (attributed to Milt Wagner, circa 1985).

 

Wasn't he an o-lineman for somebody in the last 5 years? Big, quick and mean, I heard. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I think Highlands will probably get it this year. Trinity has to deal with tough Male and St. X teams and Henry Clay. AAAA playoffs are going to be interesting this year.

Trinity could grab it this year, if not I would have to go with Highlands do to the fact that Trinity has too many tuff games to win in the playoffs.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.