#1 Beechwood vs. #5 Raceland (1A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

1A State Championship Who wins?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. 1A State Championship Who wins?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the Sherron kid start that was ejected tonight?

Yes. If they have video of the incident, he will be playing next week after the appeal. I thought it was wrong that the refs threw either one of those kids out of the game. This is playoff football with everything on the line for these kids.

Sherron pancaked the lineman on the interception return, then jumped up because of the big hit he just put on the guy. The Campbellsville player grabbed Sherron's leg and Sherron jerked his leg away from the guy. That was it. Maybe those two said stuff to each other that led the refs to eject them, but there was nothing I saw from the incident itself that warranted an ejection of either one of them.

Yes. If they have video of the incident, he will be playing next week after the appeal. I thought it was wrong that the refs threw either one of those kids out of the game. This is playoff football with everything on the line for these kids.

Sherron pancaked the lineman on the interception return, then jumped up because of the big hit he just put on the guy. The Campbellsville player grabbed Sherron's leg and Sherron jerked his leg away from the guy. That was it. Maybe those two said stuff to each other that led the refs to eject them, but there was nothing I saw from the incident itself that warranted an ejection of either one of them.

Ejections can kill you this time of the year, just ask Mayfield about that, our leading tackler getting ejected last year at the owensboro catholic semi final game killed us, may not of changed the outcome, but for sure mad a difference.

I’ve never seen a player ejection overturned but did see/ hear of one on the coach that got overturned..

Ejections can kill you this time of the year, just ask Mayfield about that, our leading tackler getting ejected last year at the owensboro catholic semi final game killed us, may not of changed the outcome, but for sure mad a difference.

If kids aren't throwing punches, I don't think refs should eject them at this point in the season in a big game like this. The players didn't shove each other, head butt each other, nothing like that happened. One kid grabbed the other one's leg and the other kid yanked his leg away. There is a lot of emotion in these games. These are high school kids who have worked for years to get to a game like this.

At pre season, I thought that this Raceland team would be 6-4 in the reg. season and may make it to a reg. final but more than likely would lose in the 2nd round. Going 7-5 or at best 8-5 w / a reg. 3 runner up. This group of kids came together like more talented teams in years past didn't. I believe they had somewhat of an interior problem around mid season but that was quickly put to rest and after that .....they bonded better than before and All got Focused on ONE Goal, ONE TEAM and you see the result.

So, taking from their slogan this season ......next season is Friday. Lets go 1-0.

I'll post my thoughts on the game later on .

There is no appeal process. KHSAA will only overturn if the ruling on the field was applied incorrectly.