Bad News- I Was Rejected From The Stem Cell Trial

BFritz

Not sure if anyone saw the news tonight or has seen anything about it on Facebook, but I was rejected from the stem cell trial.

It blows me away because I was in the final stage and I thought I was already guaranteed to be in.

They said the reason that I was rejected was because I'm missing parts of my brain in different areas and they only want to see if it will improve physical abilities, and I don't understand that because, yes, I'm missing parts that normally control most of the mental abilities, but my mental parts of my brain still function relatively well.

I also don't agree with that decision because it was made by a group of people who weren't involved in any of the evaluation process and probably just looked at my brain scan and assumed that I'm a vegetable since I'm missing so much of my brain.

I'm not giving up on this, so I've sent emails looking for answers, and we're going to search for similar treatments or see if there's any way that we could possibly raise money and just pay to be in the study.

I do appreciate all the prayers and well-wishes, but just thought that I should give everyone an update.

You have been through worse and you will get through this.

Maybe the study will be a huge success, and in a year or two you may get the better, refined, treatment and not have to worry about being a placebo, or an experimental drug person.

Good way to look at it.:thumb:

Not sure if anyone saw the news tonight or has seen anything about it on Facebook, but I was rejected from the stem cell trial.

It blows me away because I was in the final stage and I thought I was already guaranteed to be in.

They said the reason that I was rejected was because I'm missing parts of my brain in different areas and they only want to see if it will improve physical abilities, and I don't understand that because, yes, I'm missing parts that normally control most of the mental abilities, but my mental parts of my brain still function relatively well.

I also don't agree with that decision because it was made by a group of people who weren't involved in any of the evaluation process and probably just looked at my brain scan and assumed that I'm a vegetable since I'm missing so much of my brain.

I'm not giving up on this, so I've sent emails looking for answers, and we're going to search for similar treatments or see if there's any way that we could possibly raise money and just pay to be in the study.

I do appreciate all the prayers and well-wishes, but just thought that I should give everyone an update.

I’m so sorry to hear this.

Don’t give up!!

Do you mind elaborating on what they were looking for? Left frontal lobe? Other parts?

When I read your post it made me mad so I can't even imagine how you feel but then you said you weren't giving up-wow! Now that's the right attitude...keep pushing for answers.

“It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.” – Vince Lombardi

Maybe the study will be a huge success, and in a year or two you may get the better, refined, treatment and not have to worry about being a placebo, or an experimental drug person.

Agree.

And keep fighting @BFritz

I’m so sorry to hear this.

Don’t give up!!

Do you mind elaborating on what they were looking for? Left frontal lobe? Other parts?

I'm not even too sure and, like I said, it doesn't make much sense to me.

When they were showing me where they were going to drill into my skull and insert the stem cells (yeah, we were THAT far into the process), they were showing pointing to spots on my head on the right side, mainly the middle but also a few on towards the back and a few towards the front (I think they were going to drill seven total holes and inject stem cells).

They were looking to just see improvements in physical abilities, but, like I said, I think the committee just looked at my brain scan and assumed that my brain wasn't functioning much at all so they weren't going to waste the physical improvements on me.

Honestly, I have no clue.

I've emailed the girl three times, with the first one asking why I was declined, the second one wondering if I could just pay to get the treatment (I don't think I'd have much trouble at all raising money to be in it because I have had so much support from everyone in so many different places for this), and then the third one asking if they thought I hadn't been doing the required exercises (they put a monitor on my ankle to make sure I was walking for ten minutes a day and other exercises, which I was, but I was walking up and back in a hallway or across a short walkway in a gym, so maybe it wasn't registering that I was walking far enough, which seems unlikely, but never know). I'm hoping to hear back but it's been a few days since the first one, so I'm hoping maybe she's checking with her superiors because she's seeing how dedicated I am and how perfect I am for this treatment. It's a long shot, but I'm not giving up.

I'm already much better than I was and I'll only be stronger. This won't break me, but I'm not giving up yet.

I do appreciate the words.

When I read your post it made me mad so I can't even imagine how you feel but then you said you weren't giving up-wow! Now that's the right attitude...keep pushing for answers.

“It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.” – Vince Lombardi

Thanks.

I'm not quitting on this yet, but I'm 100% better than I was yesterday and I'm ready to keep battling :thumb:

Hang in there Fritzy! :up:

I'm hoping the response delay is a thorough and fair review of your case. Could be the holiday week too. Thanks for the updates.

Thanks, I thought about that and even thought that maybe they're not responding right away because, like you said, they're looking into my case and realizing that what I said was right in that a committee who had no interaction with me and just looked at how much of my brain I'm missing without looking at my case subjectively and seeing that I'm perfect for this.

It might just be hope, but what else do I have if I don't have hope?