Please KHSAA DO NOT let this happen

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There will always be a team who doesn't make it that should...better than a bunch that doesn't need to be there get killed the first round. Ok...just brainstorming. How about top team in each district goes (3 rounds)...the district games during the season are now basically playoffs. Just 3 rounds of the playoffs. Move the season back due to the elimination of the 2 rounds.

Let's just incorporate bowl games. You have to win 5 games to get an invite. Top 4 teams from each class play for the championship. Others get one last game in a bowl game (Jenny Wiley Bowl, Toyota Bowl, Becker Law Office Bowl, Possum Bowl, etc.)

Any team that wins 4 games or less receives parting gifts like game show contestants.

So the learned lessons will stop with this. Enlighten me.

My argument of lessons learned was in response to the prognostication of unfairness for the schools not able to compete for, nor win a State Championship.

Of course, if we want fairness, why not just give every school a State Championships trophy prior to the beginning of the season, then the players can just have fun the whole season without the pressure of having to compete against schools that may be better prepared, equipped and/or skilled then they.

According to Jason Frakes on Twitter, Julian Tackett is floating this adea about the football playoffs:

Twitter

I'll paste it below in case the link doesn't work

Julian Tackett floating idea for football playoffs. Two brackets in each class: 1 & 2 seeds in "upper" and 3 & 4 seeds in "lower." Would that mean 12 state champs? "Depends on how you term it," Tackett says. Would shorten season one week.

But we can't have classes in other team sports because we can't just be giving out trophies but he can consider doing this with football.

I believe this is simply an idea. I do not believe it has ever been presented to any entity as a proposal. My understanding, the 3-4 seed would play for a bowl championship.... not to be considered as a “state champion.”

It is an attempt to move back the season, a week out of the heat & eliminate the 1 v. 4 blowouts.

I’ve also heard support for your plan as presented here & what you sent to the advisory committee.

In the old days we had the CKC. Bowl. Two teams from the conference that didn’t win their District were asked to play in it. Boyle was in it twice vs Henry Clay. Danville played Frankfort in the last one.

I just did a quick count on a Texas High School Football website and counted around 750 High Schools had a football game last week. You might get away with 2 Champions for every division if you have that many schools playing football. I believe we only have about 217 schools playing in Kentucky. That is why you can't do this. If they want to cut back to 4 classes and then have 2 divisions, maybe you can get away with 8 champions for the state, but I think that might be too many. Just my opinion.

But we can't have classes in other team sports because we can't just be giving out trophies but he can consider doing this with football.

I don’t know if anybody that doesn’t want classes in other sports.

The Sweet 16 is losing its pop, and it’s not hard to see that the “small” schools that make it there are from regions with no big schools and/or metropolitan type areas to battle.

Baseball needs classes. So does soccer. Everything does

No classes needed in any sport. Just tell kids to train harder, I mean there is no reason kids from a poor community and school of about 200 boys can’t compete with Trinity in anything.

Why that 5’2 point guard needs to train better at shooting the basketball while training in his FAMILY Dollar shoes.

Why there is no reason that 5’8 170 lb right tackle can’t block that D1 tackle that’s 6’3 295. He just needs to lift more weights while waiting for his divorced mom to get off from her 3rd job.

Not every kid or school has the talent or players to compete for a state title but Hell let them compete for something and give them a chance.

I don’t know if anybody that doesn’t want classes in other sports.

The Sweet 16 is losing its pop, and it’s not hard to see that the “small” schools that make it there are from regions with no big schools and/or metropolitan type areas to battle.

Baseball needs classes. So does soccer. Everything does

That’s what i am saying. But Tackett doesn’t want to hear about classes in other team sports.

No classes needed in any sport. Just tell kids to train harder, I mean there is no reason kids from a poor community and school of about 200 boys can’t compete with Trinity in anything.

Why that 5’2 point guard needs to train better at shooting the basketball while training in his FAMILY Dollar shoes.

Why there is no reason that 5’8 170 lb right tackle can’t block that D1 tackle that’s 6’3 295. He just needs to lift more weights while waiting for his divorced mom to get off from her 3rd job.

Not every kid or school has the talent or players to compete for a state title but Hell let them compete for something and give them a chance.

It what situation would a poor community with 200 boys schedule Trinity? And vice versa? If you gave the leading scorer in the state Family Dollar shoes, he would still put up the same amount of points, shoes don't make the player.