Please KHSAA DO NOT let this happen

According to Jason Frakes on Twitter, Julian Tackett is floating this adea about the football playoffs:

Twitter

I'll paste it below in case the link doesn't work

Julian Tackett floating idea for football playoffs. Two brackets in each class: 1 & 2 seeds in "upper" and 3 & 4 seeds in "lower." Would that mean 12 state champs? "Depends on how you term it," Tackett says. Would shorten season one week.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn’t this gown Texas does things? Two state champs per class. Class 1A-A, Class 1A-AA so on and so forth.

Doesn’t need to happen here, though. I’m for the season being shortened, but it needs to be backed up a week at the start; not at the end.

Finals weekend has been the first weekend of December for almost 30 years. Moving state finals to Thanksgiving weekend would absolutely kill the crowds for the casual fan looking to come up for the weekend. I don’t think that would happen anyway because of scheduling issues with our host universities.

I get what they’re trying to do. Trying to appease the “top two in each district” crowd while still keeping all of these teams in the playoffs. But this is not the way and honestly, just adds to his image as a buffoon.

I'm not going to make any bold comments until I see the written plan (wonder if it will be put forward?), but first blush says this is a really bad idea.

Why not have top 2 seeds of each district play for “state championship” and the bottom 2 seeds play in a bowl but not called state champs just AA bowl champs or whatever. The games would be more competitive and interesting instead of team 1 seed beating team 4 seed by 60 points. Just a thought.