Early Christmas Decorators

Watusi

No tree at all for me this year. I might string up some lights somewhere.

I'm thinking of not doing a tree too. I was going to do it for my granddaughters. But they likely will never see it. So far, they have never made it over when the tree is up. In defense of their parents, I wait till mid December to put it up and have it down within a day or 2 of Christmas. It takes up a ton of room, is a ton of work, and now with 3 dogs, it becomes a constant battle to even keep ornaments on as they investigate or just brush it as they walk by.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are. And that's partly why we put our stuff up on November 1st. If it takes so much work, might as well enjoy it a while longer.

And this is another reason. All our lights in the house are off at 5:00, save for the Christmas tree and other Christmas lights in the house.

I enjoy my tree for maybe a week, then I am over it.

Lights have been going up for a week. Taking my time. We will have a test run through our sequencing this weekend. Thanksgiving night will run the entire show for the family. Starting the next day, we'll turn it on for it's Christmas run until January 1st.

Wife put the tree up this weekend, but hasn't started decorating it yet.

The outside lights will probably go up this weekend. As I get older, I try to avoid the cold temp light install. As for the trees (yes, plural, I think we have 7 now), they go up the weekend after Thanksgiving (after all of the Black Friday shopping).

I will also defend those of us who are not early decorators, or decorators at all, we aren't grinches or Scrooge's. We just think there are protocols to letting other holidays have their time, THEN Christmas. And although some of us don't decorate, we love participating in activities and events, and even just driving me walking around and seeing the decorations. But it's not really a practical choice for some.

The outside lights will probably go up this weekend. As I get older, I try to avoid the cold temp light install. As for the trees (yes, plural, I think we have 7 now), they go up the weekend after Thanksgiving (after all of the Black Friday shopping).

Exactly! My "hard" lights went up a couple weeks ago when it was in the 60's. I'm not at all about waiting to put the lights up in the 30's or below temps.

And just for my neighbors, I'm planning to leave my lights up until the temperature hits at least 40. So if it's not until March, then my lights will still be up in March.

Exactly! My "hard" lights went up a couple weeks ago when it was in the 60's. I'm not at all about waiting to put the lights up in the 30's or below temps.

And just for my neighbors, I'm planning to leave my lights up until the temperature hits at least 40. So if it's not until March, then my lights will still be up in March.

Lights up is one thing, on is another.

We put up 2 Christmas trees.

One, the one that goes in the basement, doesn't get taken down. We just move it to the storage part of our basement and then move it out come Christmas time.

The other goes upstairs and that typically occurs after Thanksgiving.

That has now been moved to after December 2nd. Wife is adamant that no Christmas decorating occurs until after the little man's birthday each year. :idunno:

Also have lights and blowups for outside, as well as a TON of indoor stuff. She loves Christmas. :lol2:

I will also defend those of us who are not early decorators, or decorators at all, we aren't grinches or Scrooge's. We just think there are protocols to letting other holidays have their time, THEN Christmas. And although some of us don't decorate, we love participating in activities and events, and even just driving me walking around and seeing the decorations. But it's not really a practical choice for some.

No, I am pretty much a Scrooge!

Lights up is one thing, on is another.

Agree, up is ok, but on before Thanksgiving is not.

Only on during testing, which will start this weekend. I usually try to do the testing either in broad daylight or after 10:30pm so people won't see them.

TheNamecips

- YouTube

These are from 2014. I'm a little better at sequencing now and the display has changed. I'll post new videos when we're up and running.