Early Christmas Decorators

Watusi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love putting up the xmas lights, but I wait until after thanksgiving to decorate. I love the dark room with just the tree lit up. I love the Xmas season. To many awesome memories growing up and now being a parent of 3. When we were growing up my our house was decorated to the nines, but my parents always waited until after Turkey Day. My dad still uses the big bulb multi-colored lights. On the side of the house they have a pine tree that now needs a 40ft extension ladder to reach the top so he can put the star on top. Best memories were myself and brothers helping him hang the lights on the house and tree and as we got age appropriate indulge in some Miller Lites while doing so. Once we started marrying off my folks turned it into a family fun day which we still do.

My house I can string the lights a decorations in an hour or so. I try to do it on a saturday when the Cats are playing ball so I can listen to the game, which last year was THE FUMBLE game against UL. I suppose the older I get the more Ill hate the cold but for now I love it and dont mind one iota to wait until after Thanksgiving.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I used to be big into Christmas decorations. My electric meter would spin like a ufo during the holiday season.

Now, the kids stay at home for Christmas and we go to their houses to celebrate. I decorated last year, but I had special guests.

I live at the end of a private road off a private road. I don't want strange people driving by, casing my house. In fact we are putting up a security gate to prevent people from doing just that. Mrs. will put up a tree and her interior decorations, but that's it.

• 1 month later...
Lights have been going up for a week. Taking my time. We will have a test run through our sequencing this weekend. Thanksgiving night will run the entire show for the family. Starting the next day, we'll turn it on for it's Christmas run until January 1st.

Wife put the tree up this weekend, but hasn't started decorating it yet.

I’ve posted 4 videos of our lights on my YouTube channel. The Namecips.

Be gentle, I’m still very much an amateur at the sequencing. I couldn’t use the neighbors driveway, so only the main portion of the house is visible.

Got a new Christmas tree this year. I love it! Now comes the taking it down and making room to store it until next year. UGHHHH. Hate that part.

But wait---do I have to? Can I leave it up until next year? Can I take off the Christmas decorations and make it a seasonal themed tree? Can I just leave it and break out the Valentine's decorations, then after that the St Patrick's Day decorations, then the Easter decorations, then move on to a patriotic theme for Memorial Day and the 4th of July and Labor Day. Then swing into the Fall theme and Halloween, then the Thanksgiving decorations, then back to Christmas decorations. It's got this really cool light selection thing. All white, or colored, or all red, all blue, etc.

Anyone else ever left their tree up all year?