Braxton Beverly Ineligible at NC State - NOW ELIGIBLE

All State Baseball

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang I didn't realize how many people hate Braxton Beverly. Not sure what he did to you all. I'm sure you'd feel differently if it was your kid or if he was trying to play at your school.

Where do you get I hate the kid, dont know the kid. All I am saying is the NCAA has rules and policies about this, the kid new this, and made his choice. He can still go somewhere, just has to sit a year, I dont see what the big issue is with that, its what almost every other transfer that has attended class has had to do.

Now, you want to discuss the rule itself and that it needs changed or modified, separate issue, lets discuss it.

The NCAA should be ashamed since the college down the road can get away with fake classes for student athletes. Sad thing to punish a kid for trying to get ahead in life and in school.

It’s like the NCAA is angry with North Carolina State because they stirred up the UNC fake class thing, causing the NCAA years of angst and anxiety, and now they’re smacking the Wolf Pack around in retaliation.

My stupidity, but help me understand. Player signs scholarship papers and enrolls. Waits to 1st semester starts to take classes....coach leaves...student transfers and is immediately eligible.....VERSUS....Player signs scholarship papers and enrolls. Decides to get a leg up on academics so takes summer courses...coach leaves...student transfers and is declared ineligible for a year. Sounds like putting academics high on this Players list worked against him. Way to go NCAA! How dare a student concerm himself with anything but basketball.

My stupidity, but help me understand. Player signs scholarship papers and enrolls. Waits to 1st semester starts to take classes....coach leaves...student transfers and is immediately eligible.....VERSUS....Player signs scholarship papers and enrolls. Decides to get a leg up on academics so takes summer courses...coach leaves...student transfers and is declared ineligible for a year. Sounds like putting academics high on this Players list worked against him. Way to go NCAA! How dare a student concerm himself with anything but basketball.

Agreed. Kinda muddles the concept of "student-athlete", doesn't it?

My stupidity, but help me understand. Player signs scholarship papers and enrolls. Waits to 1st semester starts to take classes....coach leaves...student transfers and is immediately eligible

They are? Every kid I can think of has to sit out.

Agreed. Kinda muddles the concept of "student-athlete", doesn't it?

I will say it again he made the CHOICE to take classes early, knowing he could not transfer once he did so.

Unless there is an issue with late qualification, all freshmen enroll early and take summer classes now. That started when the NCAA allowed summer workouts a couple years back.

The issue here is if you let Beverly off the hook here you have set a precedent for players to be immediately eligible due to a coaching change related transfer. When you consider school presidents are actually the head of this snake and the NCAA is just their fall guy, it becomes quite clear why they aren't interested in going down that road...

The issue here is if you let Beverly off the hook here you have set a precedent for players to be immediately eligible due to a coaching change related transfer. When you consider school presidents are actually the head of this snake and the NCAA is just their fall guy, it becomes quite clear why they aren't interested in going down that road...

You make total sense of this ruling. Presidents would have to factor in loss of incoming recruiting class in their dismissal decision, or being held hostage by a coach threatening to leave and taking his incoming recruits with him. Thanks, Gametime, I didn't step through those considerations.

Is it me or does it seems like the schools and players get punished when a coach makes a decision that effects the program. School gets wins removed, scholly’s taken away, players can’t transfer, yet the coach can just go to a new school and start all over.