November 15, 20178 yr Agree 100%. Every dude on scholarship at a school with a coaching chance now has a precedent. I'm a bit shocked they caved to public pressure and allowed that door to be opened, but here we are...
November 15, 20178 yr I actually hope this leads to players being allowed to leave (without sitting a year) when the coach leaves. Now I don't think the player should be able to follow the coach without sitting a year but I do think the player should be able to transfer immediately. This was a very unusual situation where (1) Matta was not let go until after summer classes started (very unusual - usually a coach is let go pretty soon after the season) and (2) OSU told the NCAA that it had no problem with the player getting a waiver. OSU was actually very classy about it from what I have heard.
November 15, 20178 yr So basically any time a coach leaves a school all those players have the green light to transfer elsewhere and be eligible immediately....Yikes, this is going to be chaos.
November 15, 20178 yr Every case is different. It doesn't have to be a general ruling for everyone. Every case has to be treated the same or it's a recipe for disaster.
November 15, 20178 yr Every case has to be treated the same or it's a recipe for disaster. But not every case is the same.
November 15, 20178 yr But not every case is the same. The specifics of the cases may not be, but the basic rules that must be followed are. Or at least they were until now.
November 16, 20178 yr The specifics of the cases may not be, but the basic rules that must be followed are. Or at least they were until now. How many coaches lose their job this late?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.