Cats Pause 10th Region Preview

You don’t even have Campbell’s best player listed, Reid Jolly will be the strength of that team.

??

Reid Jolly was a key piece in Campbell County's success last season, but to say he's the "strength" of the team is incorrect. According to KHSAA his sophomore varsity statistics were:

34 games 6.7 PPG 4.5 RPG

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??

Reid Jolly was a key piece in Campbell County's success last season, but to say he's the "strength" of the team is incorrect. According to KHSAA his sophomore varsity statistics were:

34 games 6.7 PPG 4.5 RPG

Also, second only to Bertsch in points per attempt by .05 PPA, (EFG% maybe? I don't remember what we called that last year) and led the Camels in FG% among those who attempted 100 fg.

While he won't be able to fill the void left by the two All-Region performers alone, he will probably be one of the guys, along with Clos, tasked with stepping up production, and even a slight drop-off in efficiency paired with the increase in volume would, in theory, leave him ahead of a lot players in the region.

Also, second only to Bertsch in points per attempt by .05 PPA, (EFG% maybe? I don't remember what we called that last year) and led the Camels in FG% among those who attempted 100 fg.

While he won't be able to fill the void left by the two All-Region performers alone, he will probably be one of the guys, along with Clos, tasked with stepping up production, and even a slight drop-off in efficiency paired with the increase in volume would, in theory, leave him ahead of a lot players in the region.

I just feel like Campbell County's strength during the 2017/2018 season will be their guard play with Clos, Day, Russell and Wilson.

You will see a huge differece this year, he will lead the team in points and rebounds.

I don't know enough about the team to opine on that.

I know enough about stats to assume Clos will be the primary scoring option, and as a result will pick up the lion's share of Bertsch/Heygi's combined 300+ FT attempts. Based on this, he's my pick for leading scorer.

Regardless...Campbell County is going be good yet again. They return 6 of their top 8 players and coaches voted them preseason no. 3 in the 10th Region. If they can get out of the district (more parity this year in the 37th District) I truly believe they have a chance at getting to Rupp.

It'll be interesting to see how Canada performs at GRC compared to how he did at MoCo.

Also: I know it is hard to rank Isaiah Garrison due to the issues he had last season that lead to him not longer being a part of the MC Basketball team, but if he is indeed back and to the level he was his sophomore year then he is most definitely a top 10 player in the 10th and would secure Mason County's spot as the #2 team in the Region behind GRC. The backcourt of Lofton/Dunnaway/Garrison would be tough to handle at full strength and makes MC dangerous if they can get a solid performance from the front court of Perkins, Boyd, and Stewart.

It'll be interesting to see how Canada performs at GRC compared to how he did at MoCo.

Also: I know it is hard to rank Isaiah Garrison due to the issues he had last season that lead to him not longer being a part of the MC Basketball team, but if he is indeed back and to the level he was his sophomore year then he is most definitely a top 10 player in the 10th and would secure Mason County's spot as the #2 team in the Region behind GRC. The backcourt of Lofton/Dunnaway/Garrison would be tough to handle at full strength and makes MC dangerous if they can get a solid performance from the front court of Perkins, Boyd, and Stewart.

GRC is a very unselfish team. Be interesting to see his assists from last year to this year.

GRC is a very unselfish team. Be interesting to see his assists from last year to this year.

Not really that, just his overall performance just from changing the coaches, playing style, and players around him. All of which could lead to him being a top 3 player in the Region if it works out.

??

34 games 6.7 PPG 4.5 RPG

IMO, low stats from last year reflect the role he played as a sophomore coming off the bench to give starters a rest. Those guys are gone now. I look for Reid to have a breakout year!

Not really that, just his overall performance just from changing the coaches, playing style, and players around him. All of which could lead to him being a top 3 player in the Region if it works out.

I could see that, he had a good summer with the team and with Jordan Graham on the same AAU team.